Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Help! with steady water leak

I have a 2018 Vengeance 26FB13 toy hauler that I’m trying to de-winterize. When I put water to it there is a blue PEX pipe protruding through the underside insulation mat up front just inside the hitch frame that runs a steady stream of water. I can’t for the life of me find a valve anywhere to shut that off. Can anyone offer some advice? I’ve searched the manual and it says nothing about that drain line that I can find.
Thanks!
Ezgoin721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

Sounds like your low point drain.

Does it have a threaded nipple? Typically, there should be a cap on that.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgoin721 View Post
I have a 2018 Vengeance 26FB13 toy hauler that I’m trying to de-winterize. When I put water to it there is a blue PEX pipe protruding through the underside insulation mat up front just inside the hitch frame that runs a steady stream of water. I can’t for the life of me find a valve anywhere to shut that off. Can anyone offer some advice? I’ve searched the manual and it says nothing about that drain line that I can find.
Thanks!
Sounds like a low point drain. Do you have a compartment with a bunch of valves in it?

Where are you putting water?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
Site Team

Pics are often more helpful than written descriptions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Sounds like your low point drain.

Does it have a threaded nipple? Typically, there should be a cap on that.
Yes it is threaded. It's odd, because it's located way forward of any part of the water system, like under the bed in the front of the trailer. I wondered about jut putting a PVC cap on it. I have a pic, but not sure how to get it to load.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

It does sound like a low point drain, cap it and your problem should be solved.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Yes it is threaded. It's odd, because it's located way forward of any part of the water system, like under the bed in the front of the trailer. I wondered about jut putting a PVC cap on it. I have a pic, but not sure how to get it to load.
Are you using a smartphone?

Apps all work differently. I like Tapatalk. It's easy to use.

The Cap is probably what you want to do. Is there any other drains?

My camper has a red and a blue line with caps.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Are you using a smartphone?

Apps all work differently. I like Tapatalk. It's easy to use.

The Cap is probably what you want to do. Is there any other drains?

My camper has a red and a blue line with caps.
I put a cap on it and everything seem to work good now. The fresh water tank filled and everything seems to hold pressure when on city water. I do have two other drain hoses under the water tank area under the trailer, a red and a blue with plastic ball valves, but this other drain line is way up front on the trailer. Seems like an unusual place to run a drain. I think I’ll pull the cap I installed and put on a ball valve for ease of draining and securing.

We bought this trailer back in October from a couple who purchased it new and only used it once before their situation changed and they had to sell it. It was a great deal for us except we didn’t get the walk through of how everything works and where everything is at, and the manuals for the camper itself are vague at best! It’s our first travel trailer so it’s a learning process for us!
Thanks for all the quick input and help!!
Old 04-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #9

Under the bed

Quote:
Thanks!
Take a look under the bed. Is the fresh water tank there? If so, the fresh water tank has filled up and water is coming from the overflow.

There's a check valve (one-way valve) that prevents the fresh water tank from filling when you are connected to city/well water. If that valve sticks, the fresh water tank fills and overflows.

The customary way to clear the check valve is:
1) Turn off/disconnect city water
2) Open a tap to relieve pressure
3) Turn on RV's water pump
4) Turn a tap on and off a few times to flow water through the check valve in the proper direction and flush it.
5) Turn off pump.
6) Turn on/reconnect city water

If you are headed to a place that has water, you may wish to drain the fresh water tank. No need to haul a couple of hundred pounds of water.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #10

I’d be looking more along the lines of what Larry is talking about. If you have two other lines, red and blue, those are your low point drains. Did you do the winterization? If so did you remove the end cap? Sounds more like an over flow line, I’d be concerned with plugging it.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Take a look under the bed. Is the fresh water tank there? If so, the fresh water tank has filled up and water is coming from the overflow.

There's a check valve (one-way valve) that prevents the fresh water tank from filling when you are connected to city/well water. If that valve sticks, the fresh water tank fills and overflows.

The customary way to clear the check valve is:
1) Turn off/disconnect city water
2) Open a tap to relieve pressure
3) Turn on RV's water pump
4) Turn a tap on and off a few times to flow water through the check valve in the proper direction and flush it.
5) Turn off pump.
6) Turn on/reconnect city water

If you are headed to a place that has water, you may wish to drain the fresh water tank. No need to haul a couple of hundred pounds of water.

Larry
There is no water tank under the bed. As long as the line was uncapped the fresh water tank wouldn't fill, and if switched to city water the line still just flowed everything on to the ground. Once I capped the line the fresh water tank filled right up, and when I switched to city water the system pressurized and everything seems good. When I drained the system back out today, I opened the red and blue line valves under the trailer and they drained some water but not a lot. When I uncapped the mystery blue line under the trailer water flowed for a long time, so I have to assume this is the primary drain for the system.

I didn't do the winterization last year, it was done by the previous owner and he'd only had the trailer for a couple months at the time. I called him and asked, but he couldn't remember if he'd pulled a cap off that line or not. I assume since it has a threaded fitting on the end it's meant for a cap or valve, especially since there seems to be no way to fill tanks or pressurize the system with it open, or drain the system with it capped.

One other thought: Next to the blue mystery line under the trailer there is a clear line with a raw end on it. I'm going to assume that's a vent/overflow line. ??
Old 04-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #12

Quote:
There is no water tank under the bed. As long as the line was uncapped the fresh water tank wouldn't fill, and if switched to city water the line still just flowed everything on to the ground. Once I capped the line the fresh water tank filled right up, and when I switched to city water the system pressurized and everything seems good. When I drained the system back out today, I opened the red and blue line valves under the trailer and they drained some water but not a lot. When I uncapped the mystery blue line under the trailer water flowed for a long time, so I have to assume this is the primary drain for the system.

I didn't do the winterization last year, it was done by the previous owner and he'd only had the trailer for a couple months at the time. I called him and asked, but he couldn't remember if he'd pulled a cap off that line or not. I assume since it has a threaded fitting on the end it's meant for a cap or valve, especially since there seems to be no way to fill tanks or pressurize the system with it open, or drain the system with it capped.

One other thought: Next to the blue mystery line under the trailer there is a clear line with a raw end on it. I'm going to assume that's a vent/overflow line. ??
Blue mystery line is the fresh water tank drain line. It needs a cap. There is also a single line with a bare end. It is the fresh water tank vent/overflow line. No cap or valve there. The two red and blue lines are the low point drains. Used to drain the piping for winterization. Two caps or valves needed.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Blue mystery line is the fresh water tank drain line. It needs a cap. There is also a single line with a bare end. It is the fresh water tank vent/overflow line. No cap or valve there. The two red and blue lines are the low point drains. Used to drain the piping for winterization. Two caps or valves needed.
Pretty much what I’ve figured out! Thanks for the input!