Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #1

Holding Tank Leaks

Been sitting in Florida for just over two months. Been dumping the black tank every 5 days or so. Prior to doing that I always close up the gray tanks a day or two prior to dumping the black tank so as to flush out the sewer hoses. A couple of days ago one of my gray tanks starts dripping then running water out from under the unit. I immediately opened the gray tank valve. After a few minutes the running water subsided and the dripping ceased. So while sitting still for 8 weeks, apparently my tank has developed a leak?? Probably somewhere near the top or on top. I haven't pulled the underbelly panels to check yet. I plan on doing that when I get home. Has anyone experienced this? I just want to know what I should or could be looking for. As far as the amount of water in the tank it was about 3 showers and 3 kitchen sinks full. I have since let one shower full and one kitchen sink fill the closed tank and no leaks. Answers and opinions appreciated.
Kayak30336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

Looks like you are going to have to cut open and look. See if anyone around you has a snake camera,, start with a small hole,,use the snake and see whats up
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

Any chance the tanks froze? I haven't been following the weather down south.

No real insight other than to observe that 3 showers and 3 dishpans of water shouldn't fill most gray tanks, unless they are long showers. Boondocking by myself and showering daily I only have to empty my gray tank about every 2 weeks. So when you do have a chance to visually inspect your tanks I would look mid tank and work my way up. If you have a five gallon pail you could fill it and dump it in the shower to get an idea of how many gallons it takes to reach the leak.
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank