Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #61

Yes indeed, this is the unit I bought. The power switch on mine was a bit flaky, but not a big deal at all.
I have been happy with mine. If I can go big hose at a dump station I do. If not, pop the cap, click on pume and discharge hose and click switch.
A review I read about an owner saying they were in a situation where they for convienence had this unit push a couple hundred feet. If your home or longer term stay would you rather turn on the pump & relax until the tank empties, or dump and tote. I’m clicking
Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #62

I try to dump before I get home. My trailer sits for a couple of months between use. I use the macerator to seriously flush the tank to remove any buildup.
I run mine a little less than 75 feet on an slight upgrade to the sewer. At least my new 5vr has a tank flush built in. It will be a little easier.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:09 AM   #63

��������
Old 10-02-2020, 02:01 AM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchLiebeBier View Post
Appreciate all the replies.

So to recap:

- I won't be adding to the plumbing because it would be very expensive to change the design/permitting at this point. Can't justify the cost.
- I only want to do this once per year to do a long tank soak/enzyme treatment to help clean off the sensors.
- I don't want to use a public dump station. The point is to do it at home for convenience. I know how to find dump stations.
- I think the macerator pump is likely the way I'll go. Maybe pull the trailer through the front yard to the other side of the house and use the cleanout.

It appears the OP has found their solution with the help of the membership here. The site team just had to do a major cleanup of this thread with many post deletions that are against the site guidelines. We are going to go ahead and close this thread as the OP has a final solution.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread