Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #1

Hot water holding tank

Hello. We are newbies. We have been tenting or staying at hotels until this past winter we purchased our toyhauler to go racing with. This is just the third time using it and first time for more than a few days. I set it up at the beach for the family to use for the week and I am heading there tomorrow for a long weekend. Anyway my question is that I got the call that there is no hot water. I believe the problem is that we don't have any water in the hot water heater holding tank because I am tied directly into the campground spigot. If that's true my next question is where is it and how do I fill it up?

By the way, we love it! It needs some delamination repairs but I am planning that for our next free weekend.

2013 FR Work and Play 28FBW
jjflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
PhD, Common Sense

The hot water heater should fill automatically from either the city water supply or from the fresh water tank through the pump.

First question: Is your hot water heater on? Unlike your home heater, it is not on unless your turn it on.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjflip View Post
Hello. We are newbies. We have been tenting or staying at hotels until this past winter we purchased our toyhauler to go racing with. This is just the third time using it and first time for more than a few days. I set it up at the beach for the family to use for the week and I am heading there tomorrow for a long weekend. Anyway my question is that I got the call that there is no hot water. I believe the problem is that we don't have any water in the hot water heater holding tank because I am tied directly into the campground spigot. If that's true my next question is where is it and how do I fill it up?

By the way, we love it! It needs some delamination repairs but I am planning that for our next free weekend.

2013 FR Work and Play 28FBW

Assuming you have a tank type water heater (not tankless)...If you have never used the hot water, it could have the bypass valves still set for winterization that you will need to turn.

This thread explains that (Read all posts):

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...st-103381.html

and if you have a Suburban brand tank type water heater, this thread (Read all posts) will explain the operation and switches to it:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ore-36197.html

I've reported my DNA missing just in case it's found somewhere bad.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, tank, water