Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

How common is leaking?

We bought our vibe last August. So far, the toilet and under the kitchen sink leaked last fall. This year, the line going into the shower and the pipe behind the toilet are leaking. The shower line is more of a problem because it was hidden and we didn't know till it came through the walls.

Four leaks in a brand new camper seems pretty excessive. Is it common? We paid for a seasonal this summer and if we take it in, we are going to lose out on that for a while. I'm so annoyed. This camper has had problem after problem. Not just the leaks.

Any advice? What can we reasonably expect the dealer and FR to do? I want them to send a mobile tech to the site and do the repairs there. They have already come out to the house once before the season started.

Thanks for any tips.
Lm2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

Can't speak for Dealer but Lots of members Check fittings for leaks first "Day/Trip" then after several months use! That covers Most leaks in a New unit! Youroo!!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

I would NEVER buy a new unit again. It seems that the first year you cant count on useing it,it will take all summer (if you are lucky) to sort out the issues.Buy the 2nd year warranty because by the time you actually get to start useing it the first 1 year will be gone. FR has fixed our issues,but you cant be useing it when they are working on it.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

Are the leaks due to manufacturer error? We just had a good one that took a while to find. Pipe behind toilet was bent hard to fit the space during assembly. It finally gave up and sprung a leak. Took a couple of tries to isolate and fix - just got it back and will be testing tonight in my driveway.

Wondering if this is a common occurrence? Force it to fit instead of using the appropriate pluming fittings...
Lynlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #5

We won't be buying new again either. I just don't understand how this can be remotely acceptable.
Lm2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #6

Wow not a Vibe but we bought a new unit in 2012 a 13 so far zero leaks and zero serious issues. Been a great camper.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak