Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #1

Operating my water pump for the first time (trying to get water flowing from the kitch

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4365.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	175598Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	175599

First time using my water pump on my Brand new 2018 Osasis 18BH travel trailer and I am unsure to what position the water pipe levers should be set too??

Also, can someone direct me to a good how to references for this type of trailer. The manual doesn’t seem to be to helpful for me

Many thanks!

Miguel
miguelregis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:36 AM   #2

How long should it take to fill a 46 gallon fresh water tank and water heater?

Question regarding my new 2018 Oasis 18BH Travel Trailer.
I am unable to get my water pump to pump water thru the pipes to the kitchen and bathroom tub faucets.

Unsure if the water levers are position correctly?

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	175600
Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelregis View Post
I am unable to get my water pump to pump water thru the pipes to the kitchen and bathroom tub faucets.

Attachment 175600
It depends on the rate of flow of your water source. Time how long it takes to fill a an empty gallon jug and multiply that by 46.

After your tank is full, fill the water heater, then top-off your tank.

Bruce
Old 06-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #4

That is what I call a "Snake Pit"! I would have to "Really Be & See" the water lines to give 100% advice under your conditions! Youroo!!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:18 AM   #5

be sure and open a faucet to release trapped air, especially in the water heater.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #6

i'll take a stab but i am not there to see it firsthand so i cannot be sure. my guess is that the input side of you pump is toward the top of your pictures. there appear to be a couple of valves on the input side hoses. there appears to be a three way valve that would control which of two hoses would be used as the input to the pump. there is a short hose attached to this valve that seems to be cut off just above the pump. my guess is that this short hose would be used to such antifreeze during winterizing. but it looks way to short to actually use. i guess they want you to add an extension to it. set this three way valve to pull from the other hose connected to it. my guess would be so that the handle is pointed to the other hose. i'm guessing that this other hose goes to your fresh water tank. but what bothers me is that this hose has what seems to be a normal open/close valve on it just inches from that three way valve. why that is there i do not know. but it should be set to open, again assuming this goes to your fresh waster tank. but there appears to also be a cut hose lying on the bottom of you picture near the wood stud. what this is i do not know, unless it is the vent from the fresh water tank. but if it is, don't overfill you tank and get water flowing out this vent tube.

again, these are just guesses! look at your pump and confirm which side is the input and which is the output. knowing which is the input side trace the hose that connects to that side and follow it to your fresh water tank. set any valves you find along the way to allow water to flow from the tank.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #7

It appears the valve at the pump is in the winterizing position. The handle on the valve should be in line with the input to the pump.

Are you going to be boondocking. If you aren't there is no need to fill the fresh water tank and drag all that weight around. Most campers will fill at the closest water source to where you will be boondocking if that is what you will be doing to reduce transport weight.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #8

Fresh Water Fill Time

I fill my tank on a 2014 Wildwood at the rate of 3 to 4 gallons per minute,
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelregis View Post

Attachment 175600
Most all the water lines and tanks are pretty much like this first attached pic. This configuration shows the system in winter bypass mode. Note the direction of the valves. The middle vertical line or "bypass" line, the valve is horizontal to the water line, allowing water flow through. Note the top red (hot water) and blue (cold water) line valves are vertical to the lines. Blocking water from going into the hot water tank in the back. Simply reverse the three valves for summer, normal, usage.

The second pic is similar to what your water pump may look like. Note that the single valve here is running horizontal to the water line coming out of the pump. This position allows flow, or is considered ON. Without this valve ON, you will get no water pumped to the trailer via the pump. Hope this helps.

Get in there and follow the lines, look at the valves again, and check their direction.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	In bypass mode 2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	175641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water pump view.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	175642  
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #10

Thumbs up Thanks for everyone's responses

Thanks for everyone's responses.
I will give it a look at and try again.

Will update my post later today with the outcome

Thanks again for your suggestions and feedback.

Miguel

Tags
first time, fresh water, heater, pump, tank, water, water flow, water heater, water pump, water tank