Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

Question How many valves

Hey: We just bought a 2002 Forest River Wildwood 37BHSS2Q that is setup in a year round campground. (1) full bath/ 2 queen beds, etc.. It is hooked up permanently to the campground sewer system as the camper is setup permanently as well. On the outside of the camper behind the back tires is the sewer tank hookup with (2) slide valves. I assume one gray tank valve and one black tank valve. These valves hook at the outside edge of the side of the camper and are connected to a pipe running in under the camper and also to the sewer system on the other side of the valves.. So we go to leave today and I pull open the slide valve for the black tank and nothing happens although I know the black tank is 1/2 to 3/4 full.. The gray tank valve was already open and I assume this is typical for gray water since you have p-traps in the camper and thus it empties all the time as you use it.. My question is 1: Is there another valve located on the underside of the black water tank itself that you have to pull open as well Or do you have to twist the slide gate handle or some oddity as this to open a secondary valve ? Our former Jayco TT had a pull rod that hooked to the valve on the bottom of the tank that you had to pull open to empty the tank, but I didn't see such a rod on this camper (I may could have looked a little closer I guess).. And of course we have no owners manual. So I was hoping someone with this type camper could instruct me on how to open 1 or 2 valves correctly.. It just make sense to me that there would be a slide valve at the bottom of the tank and not just out at the outside edge of the camper. Thanks for any help..
olecarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

I don't know if this will help, but on my old motor home, I always wondered why the waste water drain valves where installed in such a way that I couldn't dump just the grey water. The black drain was installed in-line with the grey drain, in front of it.

By doing some crawling around underneath the rig, I found that there was ANOTHER black water gate valve installed upstream from the two valves I normally used. This extra valve had a 5 foot piece of metal rod extending (hidden) to the rear bumper.

It's a long shot, but maybe yours has a similar design.
eddard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve