Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #1

How to add an outside faucet?

I would like to add an outside faucet or sprayer. I don't care if it is hot I only need cold. Any suggestions would be great. I have seen the Y connectors for using with the city water hookup however we will mostly be using our tank water. Thanks in advance! I have thought about adding a t to the low drain point but I don't think I would get enough pressure.

Brent
huffmanba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #2

I am going to add a Tee to a cold low a point drain this year and mount a ball valve or spigot on the bumper. It will be used to fill the dog's water bowl and to fill a container to douse the fire at the end of the evening.
It will have the same pressure as any other fixture.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #3

If you have an outside shower, you could use that.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
daydreaming about camping

here is an outside shower from camping world:
RV Exterior Shower - Intersource D09-1189 - Shower - Camping World

you would need to find a place with enough room to cut the hole to mount it, and then plumb in hot and cold water.

Or if you want to go a simpler route, simply T in a hose end fitting under the trailer somewhere convenient and then hook up a short garden hose with sprayer attachment.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #5

i added a spray port to my xlr27hfs at the rear driver side. I went with the "spray away" setup instead of a larger shower only setup.
Spray-Away - DW Inc.
This allows me to connect to my electric pressure washer if needed when the dirt bike is really muddy, or just hose off with the trigger sprayer, or just spray myself off a bit instead of tracking a bunch of mud into the rv shower.
In this photo, i'm holding a little suction cup bracket that sticks to the trailer, that holds the 18" shower wand Spray-Away / 18" SPRAY WAND-SHOWER HEAD - DW Inc.

i paid lazy days a few hundred $ to run hot/cold water lines to this location, and cut into the wall and instal this. He couldn't go any higher due to the frame being in the way (didn't wanna cut into the frame..). I store the 15' coil hose, sprayer, shower wand, and suction cup in the fuel station box just to the right of the spray port.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
melk-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #6

Wow!

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone. They are all helpful
huffmanba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Anacortesians

The previous owner of our MH had a T-piece on the city water inlet with a faucet attached, threaded for a hose attachment. It's upstream of the in-line filter.

He used it for general clean-up as they were getting ready to leave a CG. We have an outside shower, but the handle leaks like a sieve and I haven't had chance to evaluate it yet.