Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #1

How to drain fresh water in a Forester 2018 3271S

I have a new Class C Forester 3271S. I want to drain the freshwater tank so I can sanitize it. How do I do I drain the tank?

There are two pipes below where I think the water tank is. One is blue without an end cap. The other is rea\d with a cap on the end.

Also, behind the panel that covers the water pump, there are several valves. There are no labels for the valves. I know one combination of the valve settings are so you can suck up the winterizing fluid when it is time to winterize. I am not sure if a certail combination of the valves will drain the water tank.

Any help would be apreciatated.

Thanks in advance.
markwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
Site Team

I am not sure where the FW drain is on your unit, but the red and blue lines are the hot and cold waterline low point drains. They will drain the water lines not the FW tank. Look under the RV in the area under the water fill. They are usually white.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #3

you'll find 2 white pipes near the FW tank. One with a valve and one without. the one with the valve is your FW drain. The one without the valve is you FW tank overfill.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, forester, fresh water, water