Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #1

How to Sanitize 2015 33IK Silverback

I am not sure how I can pour the bleach into the fresh water tank as it only has a hose connection for both city and regular fill.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a hose that I can put inot the bleach solution container to pump into the fresh water tank?

Thanks

Joe O
Joe O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #2

Disconnect the hose on both ends. drain water out of the hose, Hold both ends in your hand and pour a cup of bleach into the hose.

Reconnect the hose to the fill and to the water supply and fill your tank.

:-)
Old 07-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #3

How to sanitize the fresh water tank Silverback 33IK

It has a winterizing hose attachment already, but I can't seem to have the pump draw from the solution container unless I open a faucet and the fresh water tank is already empty. As soon as I close the faucet, it stops drawing from the solution container.
Joe O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
It has a winterizing hose attachment already, but I can't seem to have the pump draw from the solution container unless I open a faucet and the fresh water tank is already empty. As soon as I close the faucet, it stops drawing from the solution container.
Winterizing outlet does not fill your fw tank. It's for winterizing not sanitizing.
To get it in the fw tank you must do as already told.
Take hose off drain out some water then fill hose with 1/2 cup of bleach per 30 gallons.
Then reinstall hose and fill fw tank.
Run all taps.
Let sit overnight.
Then drain and refill with fresh water and flush out lines.
Wh must be bypassed for this venture.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #5

Quote:
You can use the winterizing attachment. 1. select winterize valve and place winterize hose in bucket of bleach solution. 2. attach outside shower attachment to tank fill fitting and turn on pump.

The solution will go into the potable water tank.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
Disconnect the hose on both ends. drain water out of the hose, Hold both ends in your hand and pour a cup of bleach into the hose.

Reconnect the hose to the fill and to the water supply and fill your tank.

:-)
Have you ever looked inside your fresh water hose and see a "yellow" scum attached to the walls????? I put javex/water in my hose at the end of the season and connect ends together and turn it around several times....then let it sit inside for awhile...drain and flush with water....store for next year
For fresh water tank we NEVER drink this water from taps...we use bottled water
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #7
Sunseeker 3010DS

I agree, never drink tank water. But treat it at least twice a year.
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #8

How to?

Quote:
I am not sure how I can pour the bleach into the fresh water tank as it only has a hose connection for both city and regular fill.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a hose that I can put inot the bleach solution container to pump into the fresh water tank?

Thanks

Joe O
Have the same issue (no fresh water intake) but not hard to fix, go to a home center and purchase a cheap water filter housing, and when you need to sanitize your water system just put it inline with your water hose, pour the bleach (or what ever you use) into the filter housing, and let it go, works great for me, and no if I need it I have an extra water filter.

Hope this helps and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #9

[QUOTE=silverback 35ts;921572]Have the same issue (no fresh water intake) but not hard to fix, go to a home center and purchase a cheap water filter housing, and when you need to sanitize your water system just put it inline with your water hose, pour the bleach (or what ever you use) into the filter housing, and let it go, works great for me, and no if I need it I have an extra water filter.

X2
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote