Old 07-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #1

How to use black tank flush

Hi all,

First timer here. My wife and I just purchased our first RV three days ago and we couldn't wait to take it for a spin. We bought a new 2021 Wildwood 26DBUD travel trailer. We used it for a quick 2 day camping trip at a local lake and everything went fine for the most part. We only had 3 issues, one of which I am posting here. My question is about the black tank flush. When I went to dump the tanks today, I connected the dump station hose to the black tank dump port after the black tank seemed to be empty, but when I turned the hose on I never saw any additional water come out of the black tank even though I left the dump valve open. I couldn't really hear any water flowing into the RV through the tank flush port either. Is there a second valve I'm supposed to open somewhere to "enable" the black tank flush? The guy at the dealer that did my walkthrough didn't mention anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn
sstandfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #2

My grey wolf 26DBH has a black tank flush as well.

No valves. Just screw the hose on and turn on the water.

Not to sound stupid, but are you sure water was coming out the hose?

Mine almost instantly has water coming out the dump valve
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizARdman15 View Post
My grey wolf 26DBH has a black tank flush as well.

No valves. Just screw the hose on and turn on the water.

Not to sound stupid, but are you sure water was coming out the hose?

Mine almost instantly has water coming out the dump valve
Thanks for the response. That's what I thought it was supposed to do as well. I read somewhere on here where someone had a new RV and the black tank flush check valve was installed backwards. I'm wondering if that's what is wrong with mine.

Yeah there was water coming out of the hose. That was the first thing I checked. I could also tell there was water because the garden hose from the dump station didn't seal perfectly and was spraying a jet of water from the connection. Not enough to cause a drop in pressure but enough for the jet to land about 6ft away.

I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and see what they say about it.
sstandfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank