Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Ice maker not working

Just took delivery of our 2018 Columbus 366RLC two weeks ago. Have not been able to get the ice maker to work in our LG residential frig. Water is not getting to the ice maker. Checked that the water valve in the back is open and tried to trace the supply line. Found one inline valve just before the line goes through the frame. Confirmed that that valve is open. There is a drain valve coming out of the belly pan that I believe goes to that supply line. That is dry. I hesitate to open up the belly pan to investigate further. Any suggestions where to look from here?

Forgot to mention that I tried blowing air back thru the drain valve to see if there was an obstruction in the line.
10Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

Do you have your potable water pump on or are you connected to city water with that turned on?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #3

City water but tried pump as well. Doesn't work either way.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
Just took delivery of our 2018 Columbus 366RLC two weeks ago. Have not been able to get the ice maker to work in our LG residential frig. Water is not getting to the ice maker. Checked that the water valve in the back is open and tried to trace the supply line. Found one inline valve just before the line goes through the frame. Confirmed that that valve is open. There is a drain valve coming out of the belly pan that I believe goes to that supply line. That is dry. I hesitate to open up the belly pan to investigate further. Any suggestions where to look from here?

Forgot to mention that I tried blowing air back thru the drain valve to see if there was an obstruction in the line.
You stated that the valve in the back is open. Did you verify if there was water there? Does the ice maker have an on/off switch on it?? I drive a motorcycle with a kill switch. I know these things My home freezer the on/off switch is behind the ice tray. Must remove the ice try to access it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

There was a little water that drained at first but nothing now. There is an on off switch and it is on.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #6

Just an idea. Is the little arm that tells it if the tray is empty in the up or vacation position?
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #7

You need to find the supply hook up. Look inside your nearest cabinet that has water and see if there is a small 1/4 line there.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #8

TLAK, thanks for the suggestion. We did check the arm position and it is in the proper position.

cavie, That is the problem, I can't find the origin of the supply line. I'll have to investigate further.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #9

We had same problem when we got our new in 2016. I called forest River 5 times to find out what might be the problem. I was told (correctly) that there was a shut off valve that wasn't open all 5 times. The trouble is I was given 5 different answers where that valve was located (all of which was incorrect). I ended up tearing the paneling off and tracing the line.I found it no where near any of the places I was told it would be. They had provided an access door to get to the valve, but had glued it in place. Which meant to tear that apart also. Another example of Forest River quality in production I guess, lol
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #10

I have a 2017 F/R Sierra with an LG residential fridge. When I first used it I could not get the ice maker to make ice. After hours of research, I discovered that there is an additional valve behind the drawer with the blue circle around it in the attached picture. I have to remove the drawer to operate the valve. The valve is a pull on push off type valve that is white on color. Mine is obvious because it has ice maker water line coming out of it. Once I got the valve turned on, I also figured out that there is a VERY VERY SMALL button on the bottom side of my ice maker that cycles the icemaker. You have to hold the button down the entire time when cycling the ice maker. This works great for getting air out of the line to allow water to enter the ice maker as well as purging the water in the winter to keep from freezing. Maybe you can look around behind the drawers near the fridge. Hopefully this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180210-133434.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	162103
Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #11

On my Vengeance, the ding-a-lings at the factory had crushed the supply line in the slideout adjustment mechanism. It was between the two large nuts that adjust the slideout. Of course, when I removed it, it was crushed with a hole in it.

Nice one FR guys.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #12

My valve is behind the fiberglass utility cabinet with the various cable valves for drains. The access is through a covered hole in the underbelly of my 5er.It’s very hard to see with the cables and water lines running in the area.
The valve looks like this.
https://www.jgisupply.com/push-on-su...kaAgwrEALw_wcB
Havasu Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #13

Towe443

Fortunately that valve is accessible from the outside door that accesses the rear of the fridge on my rig. I have traced the supply line to where it goes through the trailer frame at the back of the trailer. About 12 feet from the fridge. There is a drain that drops through the belly pan that is dry so I think another valve my be in that location. Unfortunately I need to drop part of the belly pan or cut a hole through it to access it. I'll have to check for that button under the drawer.

Thank you for your tips.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Towe443

Fortunately that valve is accessible from the outside door that accesses the rear of the fridge on my rig. I have traced the supply line to where it goes through the trailer frame at the back of the trailer. About 12 feet from the fridge. There is a drain that drops through the belly pan that is dry so I think another valve my be in that location. Unfortunately I need to drop part of the belly pan or cut a hole through it to access it. I'll have to check for that button under the drawer.

Thank you for your tips.

How did it go 10Ranger? Were you able to fix it?
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #15

Ice maker problem fixed.

For those who may still be following this thread, after failing to find the problem ourselves, we took the trailer to the dealer for this problem as well as some other minor warranty issues. It took them about 6 hours to locate the problem which turned out to be a pinched supply line in the underbelly. At one point there were four techs looking for the problem. The supply line was pinched between the frame and a 2x4 floor joist.

I can not say enough good about the service dept. at the dealer where we bought our 5r. (Not sure if I can mention the name here) There was no problem in scheduling the service to accommodate our schedule even though we had to changed the date twice. And they stuck with the repair to get it done because we were on our way for an 1800 mile trip back home.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #16
Phat Phrog

Quote:
For those who may still be following this thread, after failing to find the problem ourselves, we took the trailer to the dealer for this problem as well as some other minor warranty issues. It took them about 6 hours to locate the problem which turned out to be a pinched supply line in the underbelly. At one point there were four techs looking for the problem. The supply line was pinched between the frame and a 2x4 floor joist.

I can not say enough good about the service dept. at the dealer where we bought our 5r. (Not sure if I can mention the name here) There was no problem in scheduling the service to accommodate our schedule even though we had to changed the date twice. And they stuck with the repair to get it done because we were on our way for an 1800 mile trip back home.

Wow Ranger!
Glad it’s all good now! We love our ice maker!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #17

Wife can't live without ice!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #18
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Wife can't live without ice!

[emoji4] and it’s so much more convenient to have on board! Nothing worse than have to do an ice run....unless you are restocking on beverages too! Lol