Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #1

inoperable/missing grey water valve???

We recently bought a 2018 Sandpiper 372LOK. It has two grey water tanks and one black water tank that I know of. Each time I have gone to dump black/grey water I take off the cap to hook my sewer hose up and grey water comes rushing out. Each time I go camping I make sure the shut off valves are pushed all the way in, but each time grey water has made it all the way to cap. Each time I have let the grey water run out. After the grey water finishes running out, I pull the grey water release valve and more grey water comes out. Camping World told me that I had two grey water tanks. One for the shower and galley and one for the outdoor kitchen, but it seems to me the galley might have its own tank. Has anyone ever heard of a grey water tank without a shutoff valve? Black water tank is working great, because that would really suck to have it immediately run out. Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #2

sounds like you have a leaking valve just enough leaking to fill the line

one of these might help

RV Waste Valve Bladex Valterra 1 1/2" metal
Product ImagesProduct Video
RV Waste Valve w/Metal Handles - Bladex 1-1/2"
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #3

Your "OTHER Gray Tank Valve is OPEN"! Find it in it's Hidden location and Shut it! Youroo!!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Your "OTHER Gray Tank Valve is OPEN"! Find it in it's Hidden location and Shut it! Youroo!!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
sounds like you have a leaking valve just enough leaking to fill the line

one of these might help

RV Waste Valve Bladex Valterra 1 1/2" metal
Product ImagesProduct Video
RV Waste Valve w/Metal Handles - Bladex 1-1/2"

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #6

We are newbies and just spent a good part of a camping trip dealing with the same "problem" only we didn't even know we had a 2nd grey tank. We got tired of the gushing and hooked up our blue tank. When we got home and I was looking under one of the driver side slides to measure for slide jacks I saw the third valve release handle which was indeed open. I wanted to smack myself since as it turns out there is actually a sort of symbol right in front of the valve on the outside of the slide. It's about 2 feet behind the other valves so I don't know how we didn't see it earlier while we were tinkering with them for a week!
kayleebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleebou View Post
We are newbies and just spent a good part of a camping trip dealing with the same "problem" only we didn't even know we had a 2nd grey tank. We got tired of the gushing and hooked up our blue tank. When we got home and I was looking under one of the driver side slides to measure for slide jacks I saw the third valve release handle which was indeed open. I wanted to smack myself since as it turns out there is actually a sort of symbol right in front of the valve on the outside of the slide. It's about 2 feet behind the other valves so I don't know how we didn't see it earlier while we were tinkering with them for a week!
OK now that is "Cured" Stop looking for "Slide Jack Locations" also! Do a Search at the Top of this page in regards to "Slide Jacks" you will find the Factory and Slide MFG ALL say,DO NOT USE,"Slide Jacks"! Youroo!!
Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
OK now that is "Cured" Stop looking for "Slide Jack Locations" also! Do a Search at the Top of this page in regards to "Slide Jacks" you will find the Factory and Slide MFG ALL say,DO NOT USE,"Slide Jacks"! Youroo!!

Yes, I couldn't think of the right term in the middle of the night lol I meant stabilizers. I was measuring the height We bought them but haven't used them yet. I have been looking for everything on this forum (which drives my DH crazy) but those seemed self-explanatory.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #9
Site Team

Same comment on slide stabilizers. Most recommend not using them although there are people that do and swear by them.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Same comment on slide stabilizers. Most recommend not using them although there are people that do and swear by them.

Well now that I read all about that it looks like we have something to return to camper world! Thanks guys

Tags
grey water, valve, water