Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #1

Kitchen Faucet pressure question

Hello all,
2002 Wildwood 26bh
I did a little searching here, but most of the problems people are having are due to low pressure. My kitchen faucet shoots water out like crazy and ends up spraying water all over. I was first hooked into city water adn thought this was because the pressure was too high. I then ran it off of my water tank through the pump and it was the same. The shower seems fine. I took it apart and it looks like it is forcing alot of water through a small opening and that is causing the high pressure. I was thinking of picking up an inexpensive model from Home Depot and giving that a try to see if it changes anything.
So do I:
-Buy a new faucet
-buy and use a pressure regulator where the city water comes in.
-Drill out the faucet I have.
-Just deal with it.

Any advice would be great
Erikh425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #2

Go to Lowes and buy a new residential faucet. Simple to install and you will be glad you did. BTW I refuse to shop at Home depot any longer due to their corporate policy.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. We don't have a Lowes here. Not sure what the corporate policy of HD is, but there is one just down the street and they have a military discount which helps on bigger projects.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #4

You might just have a bad aereator. You should be able to unscrew the outlet of the faucet and replace it with a new one. There are water saving low flow ones available too.
You should also be running a pressure regulator. It will protect your rig from excessive water pressure.
I too am curious about the HD policies. I just shop at Menards becuase they gave my son a job when he needed one and they treat him very well.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #5

Check out their policies and who they support on line. I will not post on a public forum what they are.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #6

Most of the time a loss of pressure is caused by a partly blocked aerator. Take it off and do a flush without the aerator. It should take care of the problem. Trailer faucets are very cheaply built and to replace them is a d.i.y job.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #7

I took it apart and the aerator looks fine. I think it is just a cheap faucet. I have replaced a lot of plumbing fixtures over the years so it should be pretty easy.

Tags
faucet