Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #1

Kitchen sink dropped

Good morning all. Arrived at campground yesterday after traveling on some very rough roads to find my kitchen sink just hanging down from the counter. Is the only thing securing it to the counter some sort of silicone. I don't see any type of clips underneath at all 2019 Rockwood 2509S
Wildbill57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 AM   #2

Seems to be a growing problem with the under mounted sinks. There are a few threads out here that address that problem and some innovative ways that the owners fixed it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #3

Kitchen sink dropped

Mine came loose also. There were a few clips(enter Cracker Jacks) and some adhesive. My counter is a “granite” overlay on particle board with a plastic sink. Easy fix if you can get to it. The shelf I so close that you almost need a mirror to see any of it.
I refastened mine with some 3m marine sealant and silicone bead on top....yes the unit was weeks old.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Wildbill57,

Thank you for being a part of the Rockwood family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Rockwood Mini Lite. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #5

Have the exact same issue with our Micro Lite! First trip only 170 miles and the sink started separating from the counter top. Looking at it, it looks like there was only a thin bead of whatever adhesive was used and no clamps or support of any kind.
Shorts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #6

2018 2109s Sink fell out

Sink repair in 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s. After the adhesive holding up the under the counter mounted sink failed, the sink dropped down onto the drawer below. We have heard about this happening to other Rockwood trailers but ours held up for a good 10,000 miles before failing. After reading some of the most unusual challenges of having a camping store or dealer fix it, it was decided it would be a great DIY project. In essence, we removed the sink, cleaned up the sink and counter surfaces, built a frame work for the sink, applied new silicone adhesive to the sink, clamped the sink in and installed new upright supports to hold up the sink from the floor up. If you and or one of your camping friends decide to use this remedy, consider making a YouTube video and share with others. Below are hints, photos, and ideas on how to tackle this project.
• Remove both drawers under the sink by removing the end clips on the drawer slides.
• Remove drain plumbing to sink and drain hardware and gaskets, use care and reuse.
• Build frame to fit underside of the sink and in between the sink wells. The sides and ends were ripped (from 1 x 4 pine) to a width that would allow for the middle support to be attached as in photo below. You may have to do some shaping of the middle piece and grind a little of the extrusions extending down from the underside of the sink. (I took a break from the project long enough to install a new kitchen faucet.) (Cut PEX use Shark Bites)
• A clamping system was made from some 3/8” drill rod, washers and nuts, and a couple of 2 X 4 scraps. Make the top piece long enough to extend over the counter on each side of the sink, the bottom piece to be short enough to extend beyond each sink drain, but not interfere with installation of the new upright.
• I used 1 x 6’s for the new uprights, cut them about 4” shorter than the overall length needed (added a pieces later) to make the installation a little easier. You may have a better solution. Keep in mind that you will need to slide the new uprights into the cabinet before installing the sink or you may have to remove the drawer glides to get them in.
• Note: The outside dimensions of the drawer supports just happened to be in the right place in our trailer to support the new uprights and make a connection supporting the sink.
Bay Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #7

I installed 2x4 wood supports under the sink prior to camping in our trailer for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen sink support.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	242088  

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:38 PM   #8
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill57 View Post
Good morning all. Arrived at campground yesterday after traveling on some very rough roads to find my kitchen sink just hanging down from the counter. Is the only thing securing it to the counter some sort of silicone. I don't see any type of clips underneath at all 2019 Rockwood 2509S
Mine wasn't that bad and it had a few clips. We started seeing water on the stuff below the kitchen sink. I could slip a paper towel in the gap between the top and bottom.

When it went back to the factory for work the dealer could not handle I wrote the two sinks up (kitchen and one bathroom) and requested that some bracing be installed.

They just applied caulking, no bracing, and did a really sloppy job to boot. Caulk was smeared over the top edge on one sink and I had to scrape some small clumps of hardened silicone out of the sink bowl.

To boot, both bathroom hot faucets squeak and bind when the hot water hits them. I wrote those up as well. The alleged tech wrote that they lubed the valves, which are not designed to be lubed. And no change upon its return, of course.

We're out of warranty so now the problems are mine.

Ray
Old 10-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #9

We have a 2020 Palomino Solaire, our sink fell out after the 3rd time out(about 100 miles total traveled). The brackets under the counter pulled off because of the cheap "wood" they use. We called our dealer we purchased from, 1 month out and plan on 2 weeks to fix.

Quick search and found some under mount clips from Menards. Very simple fix with a 2 part epoxy like JB Weld. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201029-210945_Menards.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	242195
cbty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:29 PM   #10

Sink fell out also in 2017 Open Range / Highland Ridge Lite 293RL and it was not even moving. I walked in the door to get the camper packed for a trip and found the sink completely separated from the countertop in the island. It is being repaired now and plan to make the sink a top mount instead of an under mount. Has anyone done this and were there problems. Clips with the under mount do not hold the sink. Sink appeared to be poorly put in place. Has anyone made an under mount a top mount?
AUspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink