Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2021, 06:20 PM   #1

Kitchen Sink Dropping on 2507s

My new 2020 Rockwood MiniLite 2507s kitchen sink is falling down. The back under the faucet and one of the drawers appears to be the only reason it hasn't fallen thru. What is the best way to attack this problem? Unscrew both drains, remove all drain pipes, remove brackets and pull the sink down? Then bend the brackets back re-caulk and then remount? I have the correct head to unscrew the brackets. It looks hard to get to the brackets on the front of the sink. Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2350.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	245942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2351.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	245943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2348.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	245944  
dbsfgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #2

We just arrived at our campground with the sink in the same boat as yours. Any tips for repairing. Thanks
NH Mike and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
Part-Time Campground Host

I put two eyebolts on each side of the sink mount. Then used ratchet straps to keep the sink in position. Before I tightened the straps I used liquid nails all the way around. After the adhesive dried I re-caulked the sink to counter. It has held for two years.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #4

My sink only had 5 brackets holding it up. I took off the plastic guard from the top drawer that holds your sponge so I could access the front bracket. I cut two boards so they could support the sink from the base of the drains from below. I got Gorilla Extra Strength Construction Glue and a caulking gun. I applied generously figuring it would also serve as caulking. Clean up edges. I left the support boards in place for 24 hours. I also removed all support brackets and reshaped, then put into fresh holes. So far it hasn't fallen. It beats having to tear everything apart or having to wait for repairs at the dealer. HTH
dbsfgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. Seems like a good time to replace that faucet as well.
NH Mike and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink