Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1

Kitchen Slide Out Drain Hose Problems..Again

Several years ago when I bought my Wildwood t25KS new, it developed a water leak under the kitchen slideout.. The problem was easily identified as the 1 1/2" flex drain hose that connected the sink to the main gray water drain line was punctured due to excessive rubbing on frame when slide was cycled in / out.. The dealer I bought it from supposidly corrected the problem (warranty) as it was a design flaw. They removed all sharp edges that the hose rubbed on and replaced the hose with a smaller size 1 1/4" hose.. This worked for several years and then the hose wore thru again.. This time I covered the exposed frame area where the hose rubbed with carpet.. rubbing only occurs at innermost 1/4 travel of slide (stowed position) but still damages the hose. Shortening the hose is not an option as all of it is needed when the slide is out.. Now the hose has worn thru again and it leaks when draining the sink (no pressure on line)! Looking for any and all suggestions that might help or correct this design flaw other than replacing hose every year or so.. Hopefully photos will show my problem..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hosedamage.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	220769   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideallin.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	220770   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	220771   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideallin1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	220772  
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Adony,

We would be happy to assist you with your Wildwood. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...24334879007617.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #3

Thank you

Have submitted information as requested..
Old 12-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adony View Post
Several years ago when I bought my Wildwood t25KS new, it developed a water leak under the kitchen slideout.. The problem was easily identified as the 1 1/2" flex drain hose that connected the sink to the main gray water drain line was punctured due to excessive rubbing on frame when slide was cycled in / out.. The dealer I bought it from supposidly corrected the problem (warranty) as it was a design flaw. They removed all sharp edges that the hose rubbed on and replaced the hose with a smaller size 1 1/4" hose.. This worked for several years and then the hose wore thru again.. This time I covered the exposed frame area where the hose rubbed with carpet.. rubbing only occurs at innermost 1/4 travel of slide (stowed position) but still damages the hose. Shortening the hose is not an option as all of it is needed when the slide is out.. Now the hose has worn thru again and it leaks when draining the sink (no pressure on line)! Looking for any and all suggestions that might help or correct this design flaw other than replacing hose every year or so.. Hopefully photos will show my problem..
If 1 1//4 hose will work maybe you could get 1 1/2 or 2" to slip over new hose to use as a rub guard . just tape or glue it in place .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
Coach

Could you eliminate the flexpipe and switch to rigid pvc with a slip joint?

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #6

Problem Finally Solved..

Thanks to the insight of Aaron Stanton at Forest River, he immediately saw the problem that I and several others missed over the years.. The hose wasn't being damaged due to rubbing against the frame when being retracted, but rather being scraped / damaged by the point of a 1 1/4" long cabinet screw that protruded about 3/8" past the inside of the frame when used to attach the access panel to the frame. Of course I/we never saw this when the screws were removed to remove the access panel.. Thanks again to Forest River Tech Support for solving this on going problem...

Tags
drain, slide, slide out