Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 08:28 PM   #1

Leak

Hi Everyone
I am new to camping! I have recently purchased a 2008 Georgetown 315 SE. We have decided to park for the summer at our local campgrounds so we are connected to the water and sewer hookups, everything has been great until recently when water had soaked all of our carpets!
I had just drained both the black and grey tanks at 7:30 am (I left the grey tank open and closed the black tank after it was drained) we came home at 2:30 that afternoon to find our carpets soaked the bathroom sink was full of water (no taps were running anywhere in the rv) no plug was in the sink. My young daughter had to go, so she did and as she tried to flush the toilet began to overflow and the sink in the bathroom partially drained!!!
I went outside immediately shut the water off and pulled the black water valve, I could hear large amounts of water pouring through the hose, inside the sink and toilets both have drained down!!!
Could someone please offer some advice help as to what I am missing? Not doing properly??? Or what I should do for this type of problem!!!
Thank you for your help, anything is much appreciated!!!!
Shaneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Sorry to hear about your trouble. First thing you should do when leaving the camper for any length of time is turn off the water at the hookup. If you don't have a pressure regulator at the hookup and the water pressure goes up for any reason it can cause a line inside to rupture or blow out the plastic valve at your toilet. Some campgrounds have the water pressure set high (80 to 100 psi) to compensate for when they have a lot of campers.

Water regulated to 45 psi should be enough and will not be high enough to cause a rupture. I have heard the lines in campers are good for 50 psi.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak