Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2024, 01:46 PM   #1

Leak in Black Water System

Hello, we've got a 2024 Arctic Wolf Fifth Wheel, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me understand a leak we recently had in our black water system, while running the flush.

After having drained the black water tank, we were using the flush to clean it, and believe we accidentally left the tank drain closed while the flush was on (dumb, I know ... ). After about 5 minutes, we had a large quantity of the soapy water release out of the black-water system and onto the underbelly - I had to cut some holes in the underbelly in order to drain all of this out.

We stopped using the toilet/black-water system, and took it in to the local dealer. They dropped the underbelly and did an inspection of the flush system and black-water tank, and found no problems - they ran the system and found no leaks.

I'm trying to figure out how that can be possible. Is there some kind of release valve on the black-water system, so that when enough pressure builds up, it will release the contents, in the manner I've described? That's the only explanation I can think of. If that's the case and if the dealer has found no damage, then I'm assuming the release valve worked as designed, and as long as I don't make this dumb mistake again, I'm good to go - but of course it's hard to believe that something isn't actually damaged and I can use the system as normal.

If anyone can provide insight into how the system works, and if I'm understanding it correctly, I'd be most grateful.
Dominic Andujar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 02:04 PM   #2

Could be the vent pipe that is connected to the top of the tank does not have a perfect seal.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, leak, water