Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #1

Question Leak in Gray Water Tank

2013 Palomino Columbus 365 5th wheel. I have a leak from the top right corner of the gray water tank. I have removed the insulation and bottom cover to expose the tank. The exact location of the leak is not visible but I suspect it is coming from where the top and the bottom of the tank are sealed together. I would appreciate any information if someone has had a similar problem and been able to fix it. I am the second owner and do not have a warranty.
don631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #2

I think you might have to drop tank. It could also be leaking where plastic pipe drains into the tank.
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #3

I know it's apples and oranges but on my 2011 Berkshire the gray tank leaked when full. It was leaking from a crack that developed because they used straight pvc pipe that would not flex when. The tank bulged slightly when full. They now put a piece of flex hose in before it hours into the fitting to keep it from cracking. They had to replace the tank.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #4

Leak in Gray Warer Tank

Thank you Phil and Brookstone for this helpfull information. I will drop the tank and look at the pvc pipe. I appreciate your response and help.
don631 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank, water, water tank