RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
Old

Leak question

See pic. Water coming from here when gray tank full. Anyone know why. 2014 Flagstaff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F98473E5-DA92-4AFF-9BE8-8EF1951C0EB3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	238012  
Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old View Post
See pic. Water coming from here when gray tank full. Anyone know why. 2014 Flagstaff.
Is that a ceiling vent? The only gray tank plumbing above the floor level would be the air vent pipe but that goes through to the roof. I'd think the water would be backing up into the sink or shower before you filled the vent pipe, unless the sinks AND the shower use a HepvO membrane valve instead of a traditional P-trap.

Ray
Old 08-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #3

That's an underbelly vent. All it does is allow the belly to breathe. There is no plumbing that leads to it. The dripping you see there could really be from anything.

You're going to need to pull the belly pan down and inspect for where the leak is. My guess here is that you might have a hole in a tank or a screw that has penetrated it from something that was mounted on the camper.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #4

I'll warn you.. its a pain in the butt to remove and reinstall. You'll need a helper or two or three to put it back up for sure.

Start on the outside perimeter by removing all the screws, then move towards the center and remove the screws on the leading or trailing edge.. you'll see them as they typically have a metal strip that secures them.

I'd focus on the rear of the camper first as that's most likely where your tanks are (they try to keep the drains as short as possible from the tank so I'd start there).

It's not hard, just awkward.

Edit: You could try just removing those four screws and taking the vent off. Shine a light up in there and see if you see anything that is wet higher up.. you should have about a 2" hole (the size of the vent) to peer through. Others will reccomend hacking the underbelly up to see where it could be coming from. I won't reccomend that as you may be able to find it after a few holes fixing it could very likely entail removing the tank. If that is the case, then the whole panel will need to be removed anyways. Hacking it up could lead to you dragging it down the interstate at some point..
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak