Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #1

Leaking Inbound Water Feeds for Kitchen Sink

There was a slow leak behind my sink, that I've finally found the source of but now I'm debating next steps. I have a 2021 Sunseeker 2150LE, so I'm leaning towards fighting to get it fixed via warranty but also it's something that with a bit of effort I could probably fix myself.

Source of Leak: The Hot and Cold water going into the kitchen sink where they transiting from stiff pipe to the flexible sink inputs are resting on a wall gap. This gap as caused them both to twist loose and leak. Even after tightening them back up the hot is still very slowly leaking.

Questions:

1. Are there others with this kind of water going to their kitchen sink that have the twist joints not resting on this wall gap? I think this is a manufacturing defect were the pipes are two short or the sink in was tripped to short since there's not a lot hanging down for hot and cold. Would love example photos from other rigs if possible.

2. Any suggestions for keeping these from leaking now that I've gotten it down to just a drip an hour?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201215_235344728.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	244669  
NanMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #2

My 2021 Surveyor had a similar problem. Took it in for warranty and their fix actually caused a bigger problem by pinching off my heat ducting by the PEX water lines. The way it looks in your picture is probably going to cause problems forever without re-routing or lengthening the connection. If you're comfortable with PEX plumbing, I suggest you re-route it and do it right. PEX tubing, fittings, crimps, and tools are pretty cheap. Once you've done it, it will give you the confidence to solve these problems later on. A week ago I knew nothing about RV plumbing, now I can re-plumb an entire camper if I had too. Sharkbite fittings are an easy fix for PEX if you don't want to deal with crimps.

It's very evident to me that the people plumbing and ducting campers could care less. Here's the PEX I had to re-work along with the Sharkbite valve install for my new Acuva water filter.

SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #3

Similar issue 2020 FLX401

I have a similar issue with leaking under the kitchen sink.. it’s a crazy twisted mess - going to have to redo it and clean it up. Very poor factory install. The leaks are from poor connectors where the PEX joins braided cables to the sink fixtures. We are full timers so taking it in for warranty work is not an option at this point. I do have one line that is about three feet long and connects to the pump at one end and has a cap on the other. I believe it’s on the inlet side of the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F6AC8BA5-4CF1-44A1-885C-3F92D39E70EE.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	244727   Click image for larger version

Name:	0B0CD81A-D1F8-4E24-BE36-88E605228877.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	244728   Click image for larger version

Name:	DE87BB88-B3C7-42E7-88AA-C0464EFF95CE.jpg
Views:	42