RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-24-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

Leaking underbelly

Where do I even begin? We have a 2016 Wildcat Maxx 5th wheel. The last time it was out was Thanksgiving weekend with no issues. We keep it in inside storage when not in use and my husband pulled it out today to get ready for our weekend trip. No leaks or issues in our storage unit but when he pulled in front of our house there was a steady stream of freshwater coming from the underbelly. We put a small amount in the holding tank before putting it in storage. We donít have rodents so not really sure if this is something we can check out ourselves or if it needs to go in?
julieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:07 PM   #2

Water will always run to the lowest point before leaking out. If it appears to be coming from above the Chloroplast, I'd start with anything accessible from the inside. Tub, sinks, etc. If you can't find anything there then cut a access hatch in the underbelly (3 sides of a square) and then pull the flap down and shine a flashlight up in there to see if you can pinpoint where the leak is coming from.

Once you've found out, determine the best way to address. If it's something small and obvious you may be able to get away with another access door. If not, you may want to consider dropping the underbelly. It's a two man job or more getting it back up in place.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how much room there is between the underbelly panel and tanks, lines etc?
julieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #4

Not much. The tanks are fairly heavy (and tough) plastic. I just used a razor blade in a utility knife. It you feel you're hitting something hard go as shallow as possible. You can always take a second pass. Typically, you'll be able to feel where they are.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, underbelly