Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #1

Looking for short sewer hose

I'm looking for a SHORT sewer hose, around 6 feet maybe. I don't want a Rhino. Had nothing but bad luck with those. I have Valterra Viper now, and if I'm a long way from sewer connection, I'm great. But if close, I have to 'meander' with curves and turns. It'd be nice to have a short hose for those times (like THIS campsite I'm in!!) when sewer port is close.

Can't find one! Every ad is for how LONG they are!

Anyone??

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team

I searched for 5' rv sewer hose and found several. I have a 5' Rhino hose and it's been good so far. But I understand if you've had problems with them you not wanting them again.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

I have a 2 ft. collapsible one I use to get out of my compartment. You could use a couple of them together. Twist on like the cap on the unit. I believe its valtera.
I have 2 of them and use a clear flush out that I put a gate on. Reaches almost 5 ft.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #4

I have Never seen a sewer hose Ad bragging about how Short it can be used! To bad you don't like Rhino hose, they are easy to Shorten and simply screw in and Lock! Youroo! !
Old 09-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I have the black 'Rhino' hoses and love them.

I saw the 5', 10' and 20' Rhino hoses at both Walmart and Camping World if you need to get them quickly.

I had 40 ' of the red 'EZ Coupler' hose setup before and it was OK, but they always leaked a little.

I finally tossed them out a recently as I moved them to back-up status after purchasing the Rhino and using it for a couple of months.

I have 35' of Rhino...gonna get at least one more 10-footer to give me a little more reach.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:06 AM   #6

I found a 2 foot one for Viper. I had Rhino, two of them, and they developed a LOT of pinholes. The Valterra Viper is 10X stronger, it seems to me, and mine have lasted years, and through LOTS of ins and outs. Just had good luck.

I think A32 has the best answer. Maybe get 1,2, or 3 of these:
https://www.etrailer.com/p-D04-0402.html
and use however many together as needed.

Just don't see a GOOD 6' foot hose anywhere, so that's probably my best bet.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #7

Many have ends that come off and you can shorten a hose.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

You can shorten Rhino hoses easily.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #9

I too was looking for a shorter sewer hose. The longer ones are great for full hookups but not so good at the dump station. I just this week bought a Camco 10 ft hose. It's actually two 5 ft hoses connected. It also has a 90° elbow.
Haven't used it yet...going out this weekend.
BTW. Got it at WM.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #10

I've had good results with the blue line brand for quite a few years. I have a 5 footer and what pieces I need for fhu
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I'm looking for a SHORT sewer hose, around 6 feet maybe. I don't want a Rhino. Had nothing but bad luck with those. I have Valterra Viper now, and if I'm a long way from sewer connection, I'm great. But if close, I have to 'meander' with curves and turns. It'd be nice to have a short hose for those times (like THIS campsite I'm in!!) when sewer port is close.

Anyone??
Buy a long one, two new end connectors and you will have TWO short hoses.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #12

Quote:

Anyone??
I bought and use:
Valterra D04-0112 EZ Coupler 5' Extension Hose .

I use it when I have a short run.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #13

The only other issue with the EZ Connector brand and the Rhino hoses is that they don't fit into the rear bumper storage space.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #14

Wait...what? TOO SHORT?

Quote:

Anyone??
I thought those darned things were ALWAYS too short no matter how LONG I buy them? Guess I'd better revise my parking strategies!
Old 09-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #15

I have a 10’ Rhinoflex sewer hose. It collapses to about 3.5’, I thought the Valterras do the same? And they do fit in my bumper.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #16

Two for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
I too was looking for a shorter sewer hose. The longer ones are great for full hookups but not so good at the dump station. I just this week bought a Camco 10 ft hose. It's actually two 5 ft hoses connected. It also has a 90° elbow.
Haven't used it yet...going out this weekend.
BTW. Got it at WM.
The 2007 Cherokee 38P is permanently sited at a resort with no sewer hookups. We have a simple hose with bayonet connectors on both ends that started out at about six feet long. It's used to transfer from the tanks to the Blueboy. As the hose internal wire coils rust and it begins to drip, I cut off 5-6" and re-attach the ends. It's under four feet now and I expect to keep using it until it's less than two feet long.

We need a different hose at the dump station. The dump station connections are female-threaded 4" PVC and we are expected to connect to them. The connection is in the middle of a 3 foot square concrete pad which is steeply pitched (maybe 3") toward the center.

I bought a CAMCO 39551 and I have been looking for a chance to warn others away from it. If I could give it minus 5 stars, I would. I don't think anyone at CAMCO has actually tried this unit.

The first problem is that the design doesn't consider that the threaded connection is PVC-to-PVC and hence prone to seize. When you thread it in to a 4" connection and it seizes, there's nothing to grab onto to unscrew it. The amount of pipe protruding is only enough to pinch with thumb and index finger. You can't wrap your hand around it.

So you put the elbow and hose onto it to try to start it moving--and the four tiny, little bayonet nubs immediately shear off. (I drilled and tapped to replace them with four 8-32 round-head stainless steel screws, permanently attaching the adapter to the elbow.)

The third problem is the worst. Because the adapter is too short, when I attempt to screw it into the dump station connector, I can only thread it in about 1-1/2 turns. Before long, the hose is scraped through just before it attaches to the elbow, from abrasion on the dished concrete surface. The hose (also much longer than it needs to be) coils had already rusted most of the way through when I cut off the leaky portion last week, and it's only 2-3 years old. This is just not a quality product.

While I was typing this I realized that I could resolve this problem by adding a 4" "riser extender" to the adapter to lift the threaded portion of the elbow about the connector. Unfortunately no one makes one. I also considered a 4" MIPS to 3" FIPS reducer bushing, but the only one I could find costs $250 for a five-pack.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #17

https://www.lci1.com/waste-master
It stays put where the Rhino hose and others don't.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #18

I actually gave away a brand new Rhino hose because it was slightly too big in diameter for my sewer connection which caused a loose seal. I've never bought another Rhino hose again.

I actually carry six sections of sewer hoses. The main one has permanent ends on it but the rest all have screw on ends to either extend or shorten.

It's like TP, you can never have enough.
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #19

2'

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-D04-...per+sewer+hose

5'

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-D04-...words=D04-0205
Old 09-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
The only other issue with the EZ Connector brand and the Rhino hoses is that they don't fit into the rear bumper storage space.
Let me clarify this:

4 inch bumper (most TT's and 5'vers)...they don't fit

4 1/2 inch bumpers...yes, they will fit

Now, I can force them in my 4 inch bumper and takes about 5 minutes each hose, but is much easier to just store in a large Rubbermaid tote.