Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #1

Low point drain

I have water all the sudden pouring out of low point drain. Only way it stops is when I cut water off to park model. Also need technician's that work area around Bryson City NC. I have a 2023 Forest river wildwood lodge. Need many things fixed.
Ubigsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 10:25 AM   #2

You are either missing the low point drain cap or valve, or if there is a valve it is open. Another thing people frequently report is water coming out even thought the drain line is capped. That's because the small white plastic washer inside the cap is missing. It's not a rubber washer but a fairly firm plastic washer. In a pinch a garden hose washer might be used as a temporary fix.

I would also make sure you have a pressure limiter of some sort on the connection to the city water tap. If you have too high line pressure, that might have blown off your cap or valve. Low % but just a possibility.
Old 07-04-2023, 10:53 AM   #3

Low point drain

Yep you likely need to tighten or replace the cap at the end of the low point drain. They usually thread onto your drain hose end and look like this Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3288.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	289654

You should also be able to get them from Home Depot, Lowe’s or any plumbing supply store
Curt Trutrack WDH
HD Roadmaster Active Suspension
3200 Firman Generator/Inverter
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 11:02 AM   #4

Hold on a minute. Need a bit of clarification.

Do you actually see water coming from the low point drain or is the water actually coming from the fresh water tank overflow?

What you are describing could be a valve that needs to be reset. Try this no cost repair first....
To stop water pump from slowly filling fresh water tank while connected to city water:
1. Shut off city water
2. Open faucet until water stops running
3. Shut off faucet
4. Turn on water pump, 
open faucet and run water for a minute
5. Shut off faucet
6. When pump stops running, turn off pump
7. Turn on city water
8. This procedure will reseat the water pump back flow valve. Remember: Do not run pump when city water on.

It's a fairly common problem.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #5
Site Team

If the trailer is under warranty and your dealer won't help, you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician. You just have to be willing to reimbursed for the cost.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
If the trailer is under warranty and your dealer won't help, you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician. You just have to be willing to reimbursed for the cost.
]
Thanks, bikendan. I missed that it's a 2023.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:08 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Water "suddenly pouring out of a low point drain" means either the cap/plug (some are male, some are female) blew off, the cone washer split or the line/fitting broke.

I'll also ask the same question as before... are you sure it is a low point drain line leaking? The fresh tank overflow sticks down underneath and is often confused for a low point drain. Heck, it could even be the fresh tank drain line if the valve is open.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain