RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #1

macerator pump

Trying to decide how to set up Flojet macerator pump. I need to make an extension cord and it looks like I will need 10 ga wire for a 15 ft. run. Any suggestions on what type of connections to use? It comes with sae to sae quick disconnect but I can't seem to find a pre-made cord in 10ga. that is 15ft. long.
Does anyone know what size wire is used on the cord that comes with the macerator?
I was also told to make sure to use the backflush as the reduced size of the outlet slows the flow and can leave stuff in the tank. So I was thinking that maybe I could run my stinky 3" hose to where my batteries are and hook flojet at end of hose. I would do away with the need for a dc extension and maybe have better flow out of the tank to the macerator. Any thoughts?
Old 06-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Trying to decide how to set up Flojet macerator pump. I need to make an extension cord and it looks like I will need 10 ga wire for a 15 ft. run. Any suggestions on what type of connections to use? It comes with sae to sae quick disconnect but I can't seem to find a pre-made cord in 10ga. that is 15ft. long.
Does anyone know what size wire is used on the cord that comes with the macerator?
I was also told to make sure to use the backflush as the reduced size of the outlet slows the flow and can leave stuff in the tank. So I was thinking that maybe I could run my stinky 3" hose to where my batteries are and hook flojet at end of hose. I would do away with the need for a dc extension and maybe have better flow out of the tank to the macerator. Any thoughts?
I made my extension cord using #10 awg wire and used Anderson connectors. I can run from house batteries or from line running from TV battery to hitch where i also connect hose battery charge line.
I have anderson connectors on all my 12v powered portable devices like compressor. They sllow quick connect to power source and my extension cord fits all.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump