Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage, Winterizing Check.

As first time RVers we just took our 2013 3170DS Sunseeker out for our maiden voyage, highway driving was smooth, averaged about 8 MPG. RV was winterized at pickup, hooked up at the campground, flushed all lines until pink was gone, took WH off bypass, installed anode rod, everything fired up fine, hot water, generator, frig, freezer, stove. Potty was broken in properly.

Dumped Black and Grey w/o problems, rinsing well between tanks. Had three great days, crisp evenings were enjoyable in a warm RV with a beverage of choice.

Once home, expecting freezing temps, we opened low point (little drainage, since we ran off city water and didn't fill FW tank, HW tank was bypassed and drained at the campground) used 30 PSI compressed air to clear all water sources in the RV, connected suction tube to water pump, drew about 2 gallons of RV antifreeze through all water taps and allowed them to drain a bit into the traps. Poured a bit more into each trap and toilet. Cleaned up excess antifreeze in sinks and bowls. Not anticipating travel for a month or so, did I miss anything winterizing? Should I leave a little antifreeze sitting in the toilet?

Did I mention that this is a hoot, can't wait for the next trip. BTW thanks to all for all the info and responses prior to this trip.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #2

Did you get the outside shower? Broke mine once, now I take the head off and put it inside.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #3

Yup, got the outside shower. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #4

We leave a small amount of pink stuff in toilet to keep seal wet
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #5

Do you have washer hookup? That needs winterized too if so
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #6

No dish washer, ice maker, clothes washer. Also, we pulled the water filter and put a empty sealed water bottle in there to take up space. Put an inch or so of antifreeze over the potty seal. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #7

If your fridge is unplugged remember to leave the doors open a bit to avoid any mold issues. Oh and don't forget to cross the calendar days off until your next camping trip!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #8

We also put Fabric softener Sheets, like Bounce, here and there to keep unwanted friends away; they apparently don't like the odour.
We place them under the mattress, cushions, in the drawers, under the seats, etc.

Let air circulation possible to avoid condensation.

That is how we take care of our 2012 Lexington 265.
HerveVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
Whatever

Wow, the only other thing I can think of is to either blow out the black tank flush with air or charge it with RV antifreeze.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #10

Although a fair amount of anti-freeze went into the black tank, I added a bit more and some over the seal. Can't wait to get on the road again, as the song goes...
Old 12-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #11

Did you remove the water filter and check the filter container? You may find it with 1/2 water, 1/2 pink stuff. If so, dump it out (outside the MH!) and reinstall empty. Be sure to meticulously dry the threads that for some reason are hard to clear off and easy to freeze-crack. Some might say to put a little pink stuff in there but if there's no water....

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 12-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #12

Yup, dumped it out and added a sealed empty water bottle, to minimize the amount of RV antifreeze. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRVing View Post
Although a fair amount of anti-freeze went into the black tank, I added a bit more and some over the seal. Can't wait to get on the road again, as the song goes...
What (Pete the Plumber) said is a Separate Issue than the Black Tank,or Toilet! Do as he said,air or antifreeze! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize