Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Mini Lite 2503S kitchen drain broke

First time out this year. DW spotted some water by the stove shortly after setup. 2503S has a kitchen slide. Pulled in the slide and found that the slip joint nut on the flexible drain hose had broken. See 1st pic. I'm currently in Ohio, so I hit the local dealer (Labodie RV in Toledo). They told me to just go to Menards 2 blocks down the road and get a standard plumbing slip joint. Worked fine. I think it may have broken for 2 reasons: 1) the metal clamp wasn't directly in line with the hard-piped part of the drain line, so it was probably pulling on it sideways, and 2) it's about 4 ft from the actual kitchen sink drain to this fitting, so I'm thinking maybe I need to pour a LOT of antifreeze into the kitchen sink drain to make sure any water at the fitting is actually antifreeze.

Pic 1 - Cracked nut - Note - I also moved that metal clamp farther over to the right. You can see it isn't quite in line with the hard piped drain line.

Pic 2 - Close-up of cracked nut. It seems to have an integral "cone" instead of the separate one that the new one has.

Pic 3 - New nut, with separate cone.

Pic 4 - Overall view. Cracked fitting was on the right.

Pic 5 - The sticker at the other end of the hose. It says "FleXaust; 1.50 inch; Uniloop Drain Hose Assembly; Polyethylene Flexible Drainage Connector; For recreational vehicle DWV use only."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain slip joint connection - cracked end.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	107407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain slip joint nut - old - side view.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	107408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain slip joint nut - new.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	107409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain slip joint connection - overall view.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	107410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain slip joint connection - good end.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	107411  

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:47 PM   #2

water leak

Thank you for the illustrations. Our sink connection is a little different since it is located directly under our sink in our slide. It is very difficult to get to. We had a leak once before and called someone to fix it. I don't remember if it was the hot or cold water pipe that was leaking, but since it was fixed, I would think this time it is the other one. We are not very handy with maintenance issues, unfortunately. My husband hands were damaged in an accident and he doesn't have the fine motor skills necessary for repairs like that. We have to depend on others for help. Since our slide also malfunctioned, it was impossible to get under the sink to try to fix it while we were camping. We did without water this trip and had to drop off our camper at the "hospital" on our way back!
Kathymarie2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain