Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #1

Need plumbing help !!

Hello All I have a 2005 Cedar Creek Silver Series 37qs. I have found that I have a water leak somewhere in the water lines between the underbelly storage and the kitchen island sink. The wall has a laminate panel, and the lines run through the panel. My question is how do I access the water lines to detect the leak and do the repair. Can I remove the plastic underbelly panels and reach up to access these lines ? Or do I need to remove the storage compartment panel ? The leak appears to be inbetween the fittings in the storage area and the fittings under the sink, as I see no sign of leakage at both ends. Could the slide out have damaged the water feed lines ? Thanks for the help

Hello All I have a consistent leak of clean water coming under the wall of my 5th wheel basement storage compartment. Upon checking all water feed lines,and drain lines I think I have determined that it has to be coming from my hot water tank. There is no visual sign of leakage from the front of the water heater, and no sign of leakage from the hot and cold water lines in the back, so I am assuming it must be coming from the internal section and leaking out the side. It is a Suburban swde10, that is app 7 years old.The leak stops when I turn of my city water line, and returns when the line is on, so I know its not a leaking roof. Any suggestions ??? Thanks so much !
jeffbarb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

From your description you've provided, it sounds like the only routing of the piping has to be under the floor. Try remove that section of coroplast and see if you can follow the piping and determine where's it leaking.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Once you have dropped the panel and discovered the leak, PEX is pretty much an easy repair with Sharkbite fittings, provided you own or buy the pipe shear to make straight cuts in the pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Bidet 009.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	22748  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #4

I wonder if there is a video out there that covers PEX water line repairs? It would be intersesting for those who haven't done something like this before. I recently had to cut two lines under my bathroom sink cabinet to do a repair. Went to Lowes to get the repair connections. Guess I need to do a search when I get time.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Youtube has everything

pex plumbing installation - YouTube
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

Thanks Herk for the link. I went to Lowes to get some picture hanging hardware and ended up over in the Plumbing Tools area. DW wondered what took me so long, I said, look, I have a new tool. Now I need to go back and get some couplings and a piece of tubing to add to my stuff.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #7

After being with Lowes for 15 years,and an assistant manager,you might look at Lowes.com and look at their video how to section,you may find what you might need.Hope you get your leak repaired.
Rcandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcandvicki View Post
After being with Lowes for 15 years,and an assistant manager,you might look at Lowes.com and look at their video how to section,you may find what you might need.Hope you get your leak repaired.
After reading the thread and things, I went to my local Lowes this afternoon. I have their app loaded on my Iphone, pulled up the photo of the cutter on it, an associate came by and I said, where do I find one of these? Glad we have someone on board that can associate between a travel trailer and home stuff.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Jeff, some photos of the area will help.