Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #1

New camper No hot water pressure in bathroom only.

I think it has something to do with some debris left in the lines from the factory. Any ideas on how to clear this? 2018 Rockwood 2509s.

t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #2

Well it could be in the water line but I would start with the faucet. Since you have cold water pressure it's not the faucet screen but may be in the handle portion or where hot water line connects to faucet. Take hot water line off faucet then turn on pump. If good pressure coming from water line it's in the faucet. If not good pressure it's in the line.

sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #3

It is a blockage. Any ideas on how to clear it? Without taking off our permanent site?
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #4

In the faucet or pipe? In faucet, remove supply pipe from faucet, blow air thru spout with hot only open, reattach pipe and test, repeat as necessary. If pipe blocked, unhook city water, remove pipe at water heater and place in bucket, remove pipe from faucet, blow air or water back thru pipe into bucket, reassemble and test.
Best of luck.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
I think it has something to do with some debris left in the lines from the factory. Any ideas on how to clear this? 2018 Rockwood 2509s.

Don't know the lay out of your coach, but in ours the kitchen, shower, outside shower and water heater are on driver's side and our bathroom sink is on curb side. That clearly isolates that sink from the other hot water points.

I would pull the screen off the faucet and see if that clears at all. Then if not, take the hot faucet apart-- mine is plastic and much like any super cheap home depo faucet and disassembles easily. Of course with water pump off then with a bath towel standing by to catch the water, have someone flip the water pump on for a minute and see it that clears the debris. if you are a real DIY plumber you can pull the hose off the bottom of the sink and repeat the process.

If that does not clear it then I would suspect that the line is pinched or kinked somewhere. If you can get to the back of your water heater, your winterizing valves are usually in there and if the installer turned a pex pipe too sharbly it might have kinked.

Good luck and please report the cure on here when you find it.

Tom
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, camper, hot water, pressure, roo, water