Old 07-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

New Sonoma 167BH Toilet troubles

After searching the forums, Iíve seen lots of issues and examples, but nothing quite like what Iím seeing. So Iíve taken the new trailer out for 2 trips, last one was first using the toilet. Was out for two days, Iím the only user, but last day toilet was backed up almost to flap. Tank showed 1/3 full, couldnít be full with just me using, itís suppose to be 20gals. Found a long stick and stick it down. It felt solid when the stick was moving around, water then suddenly drained out. Out more water in, and tried to see how the plumbing works. It looks like it goes off at a 45 or 90. Itís almost like there is a ďbasinĒ then it drains into tank. I put more water in to get tank over 1/2 full before dumping. Dump went fine, could see the rough elbow when water started running out mostly clean and clear. Got home parked it. Decided to put more water in the tank since it would be sitting for a couple weeks and my next trip would be campground with full hookups. I noticed water in the ďbasinĒ Iíve been letting water run in and it does not appear to be held up, but there is for sure water sitting there. Wonít know until next trip and some solids weather it is unclogged or not. Iíll be as prepared as possible. Side note. Only used rv paper. Thanks for any ideas.
closedquestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #2

Main deal is to put lots of water in the bowl to start. Maybe half full, then flush maybe twice since yours has an elbow. Lots of water is your friend. As you use it you will see what you need to do. Also, never leave your black tank handle open, or what happened will be worse!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #3

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I agree with more water to ensure you don't build a poo mound.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote