Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #1

New to me 2016 Salem T252RLXL Plumbing help needed

We are brand new to RVing, bought this TT from a private party. We are getting ready for our first 5 day trip and Im thoroughly confused on the plumbing systems.

On the drivers side of TT we have a port labeled city water connection, I'm assuming that is where we hook up our drinking water hose to the water faucet at the site, I have a pressure regulator and a filter for that.

On the passenger side of TT we have multiple items; a sticker labeled "low point drain", a sticker labeled "drain outlet", a fill labeled "potable water", a hose connection labeled "Do not use the tank flush valve...."

Ive tried to read everything available on how to set up camp but it seems every TT has different ports and switches.

Can anyone help me in what steps to take to set up on a site. The water heater and valves thing is confusing as i see no valves anywhere.

Sorry for rambling, any help would be appreciated.
Dreamweaver52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Site Team

Howdy, sorry for the delay in replying but just now seeing your post. See my replies to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver52 View Post
We are brand new to RVing, bought this TT from a private party. We are getting ready for our first 5 day trip and Im thoroughly confused on the plumbing systems.

On the drivers side of TT we have a port labeled city water connection, I'm assuming that is where we hook up our drinking water hose to the water faucet at the site, I have a pressure regulator and a filter for that.

Yes, that is for when you are at campsites that have a water connection. You will connect your hose, filter, pressure regulator to this connection and one end to the faucet at the campsite. When at places like this, you do not need to use your onboard water tank or water pump.

On the passenger side of TT we have multiple items; a sticker labeled "low point drain", a sticker labeled "drain outlet", a fill labeled "potable water", a hose connection labeled "Do not use the tank flush valve...."

1.OK, the potable water connection is used to fill the onboard water tank. You need water in the tank in you are at campsites with no city water (or want to travel with water if you need it while on the road). When you use this tank of water, you have to turn on your RV's water pump to be able to pump water from the tank to your faucets.

2. The drain outlet should be the drain for this water tank, so you can drain the water out of it.

3. The low point drains are for draining the water out of the hot and cold water lines in your RV

4. The black tank flush (with the sticker do not use the tank flush with the valve closed) pertains to your black tank (where your nasty poopoo water goes). After you drain your black tank, you can connect a hose to this port on your RV and it helps wash out the black tank. As the sticker say make sure you keep the black drain valve open when using this flush port, so you don't possibly fill the black tank back up with water.

Ive tried to read everything available on how to set up camp but it seems every TT has different ports and switches.

Yes, different RV's have these valves and fills in different places, but most all function the same.

Can anyone help me in what steps to take to set up on a site. The water heater and valves thing is confusing as i see no valves anywhere.

See the youtube video I linked to below. It should explain all the above, including the water heater valves. Your water heater may have a different valve configuration than what it is in the video. If so, read, this thread:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...st-103381.html

Sorry for rambling, any help would be appreciated.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #3

Thx for the indepth info, think that has helped me a lot.
Dreamweaver52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, salem