RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #1

No hot water

Hi, I have a 2019 Coachmen Catalina. Tried to use the hot water for the first time & I can not figure it out. The gas tank is open, the gauge/director on the line is facing the gas tank, hot and cold water valves on the tank are open, water in the tank. I turn on the DSI / water heater switch, it lights and stays lit. Gas is getting to to the stove, the burners light. The hot water burner is not igniting. What step am I missing? Thank you.
rick005241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #2

You didnít state which WH you have but if it is a Suburban you have two resettable ďbreakersĒ on the LH side near the top when you open the panel. They are two black rubber circles. The left one is for the 120V side, the RH for the 12v side. The propane operates off the 12v side. Try pushing in on the center. You do not have to remove the rubber cover.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
Head Rambler

How did you make sure the tank was full of water?

Also on a Suburban there's a switch behind the gas line in the lower left corner for the 120 volt side.

Make sure you're getting 12 volts to the controls.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick005241 View Post
Hi, I have a 2019 Coachmen Catalina. Tried to use the hot water for the first time & I can not figure it out. The gas tank is open, the gauge/director on the line is facing the gas tank, hot and cold water valves on the tank are open, water in the tank. I turn on the DSI / water heater switch, it lights and stays lit. Gas is getting to to the stove, the burners light. The hot water burner is not igniting. What step am I missing? Thank you.
Could be a bad board common with surburbans . be sure the tank is full then call a tech to solve your problems
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, water