Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #1

No hot water to kitchen sink (but bathroom sink & shower both have hot water)

A few days ago I installed a new faucet in the kitchen (handle broke off old faucet) in my 2010 39ft Sandpiper which is connect to city water at the RV park where we reside year 'round.

Everything worked fine for a couple days and then the hot water just stopped (completely) when one would turn on the hot water in the kitchen - cold water continues to work fine. Checked bathroom sink and shower and both have abundant hot water - normal pressure, everything OK. Cold water pressure in kitchen is OK. So, thinking I had a faulty new faucet fixture I removed it and tested it and determined that water flows thru both the hot and and cold sides so I re-installed it ... still no hot water. One curious thing when I removed the newly installed fixture to check it ... when I took off the cold water line I had water drain out of the line (as one would expect) and I had a bowl and towels ready to catch it. But when I took the hot water supply line off the new fixture the line was bone dry - not a drop of water came out. This seems to suggest that there is a blockage somewhere in the hot water supply.

I checked in the "basement" where the hot water exits the hot water heater - there is a "T" and I can see where one branch goes to the bathroom, however, the other branch goes to a hole in the "basement" floor and is obviously routed under the 5th wheel to the kitchen. Unfortunately the bottom of the RV is covered and I cannot follow the hot water line under the RV without removing the all the covers (which I'd hope to avoid doing).

I am hoping someone might have a thought as to what is preventing the hot water from flowing to just the kitchen but not the bathroom or shower. In doing Google searches I've seen mention of "check valve problems" but don't know if my Sandpiper has such valves and if it does where they are located.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John B
Houston, TX
johnb658 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, roo, show, shower, water