Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #1

No Water On City Hookup - Pump From Holding Tank Good

Hello everyone.

I am relatively new to the RV world and I am having issues with my city water hookup. I have a 2021 Salem Hemisphere 310bhi (410bhi edited per OP) and after the last time moving it, we get no water inside the camper when hooked up to the city water connection. I can fill the holding tank and run the pump and the system works fine. I have cruised the forums here looking for an answer and checked all of the "usual suspects" I have found so far. The pressure at the hose (after filter, regulator, etc....) is 35-40 psi, the screen at the inlet port is clear, and the check valve at the inlet port seems to be functioning properly as it is easily depressed with my finger. Also, no obvious leaks that I can hear or see. Is there anything else I could be missing? I do not get any water pressure anywhere in the RV when only using the city water connection. Any help would be appreciated.
Cricket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Welcome to the forum, I see it is your 1st post.

Do you have a wet bay with valves to turn for using city water/using fresh tank/filling tank or just a city water port on the side of the R/V?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #3

Are you sure you are not hooked up to the winterizing port or the black tank flush?
Scotrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket77 View Post
2021 Salem Hemisphere 410bhi
Maybe a 310BHI? I don't think any 2021 has a 410 designation... (310BHI floorplan attached).

Does your water panel look like the attached? Three inlets on the back below the outdoor shower. Just want to make sure water is attached to city water inlet (and not black tank flush or antifreeze inlet).

Do you not get any flow through the hose AND no pressure in the RV? If you're hooked up to the antifreeze inlet and the valve on the antifreeze inlet (btw inlet and pump) is closed (and it seems to be, because your pump is successfully drawing from the fresh water tank) then you won't have any flow /at all/ from the city source (because flow is being checked by the antifreeze valve).

Do you get flow through the hose, BUT no pressure in the RV? If you're hooked up to the black tank flush, you will get flow as citywater is free-flowing into your black tank. This assumes the pressure control valve is letting through an appropriate amount of city water pressure (~40 psi). I can't imagine this is the issue.

From your post, it seems like you ARE hooked up to the proper inlet. I'd want to take a look at the back of the water panel (access likely WAY in the back of the outdoor kitchen, otherwise, under the bunk on the right against the back wall)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	310BHI.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	266545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 11.07.54 AM.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	266554  
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:16 PM   #5

Thank you for the replies. It is 310bhi. Sorry for the typo. There is a bay of ports at the back of the RV. No valves. I am 100% I am hooked into the city water connection and not the black tank flush. I have been filling the fresh water tank from that port occasionally, so I am sure I am not in that port. System worked fine until this last move. Not sure if there are any water lines that may have become kinked or pinched in the move. Really, not even sure if that would be a possibility.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumblefish View Post
Maybe a 310BHI? I don't think any 2021 has a 410 designation... (310BHI floorplan attached).

Does your water panel look like the attached? Three inlets on the back below the outdoor shower. Just want to make sure water is attached to city water inlet (and not black tank flush or antifreeze inlet).

Do you not get any flow through the hose AND no pressure in the RV? If you're hooked up to the antifreeze inlet and the valve on the antifreeze inlet (btw inlet and pump) is closed (and it seems to be, because your pump is successfully drawing from the fresh water tank) then you won't have any flow /at all/ from the city source (because flow is being checked by the antifreeze valve).

Do you get flow through the hose, BUT no pressure in the RV? If you're hooked up to the black tank flush, you will get flow as citywater is free-flowing into your black tank. This assumes the pressure control valve is letting through an appropriate amount of city water pressure (~40 psi). I can't imagine this is the issue.

From your post, it seems like you ARE hooked up to the proper inlet. I'd want to take a look at the back of the water panel (access likely WAY in the back of the outdoor kitchen, otherwise, under the bunk on the right against the back wall)

I have a pressure gauge that I measured the water pressure at the end of the water hose I use for hookup. I know I am getting 35-40 psi at the end of the hose after my filter and regulator are hooked inline. I am certain that I am in the correct port for city water.

I think my access to the back of the water ports is under the bunk in the back of the RV. I'll have to remove the interior panel and look once I get back to the RV tonight. This one really has me confused. It is acting like the check valve isn't opening at all, but the check valve also does not appear to be stuck.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #7

Understood. For what it's worth, antifreeze inlet valve (for winterizing) would be btw the BACK of your water panel and the pump (def not a panel of valves like in a wet bay).

As I understand it, you shouldn't be able to fill fresh water tank from city inlet (unless you used a water saver in the shower and routed water IN from city up to shower, then down to freshwater tank through there). Seems strange to me that you can. Perhaps follow the city water line from inlet to hot water heater? I suppose a kink from the slide, but that seems less likely.

At this point, I'm just spitballing (and, admittedly, am out of my league with your floorplan - though the system design looks to be identical to my smaller 235S).
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumblefish View Post
Understood. For what it's worth, antifreeze inlet valve (for winterizing) would be btw the BACK of your water panel and the pump (def not a panel of valves like in a wet bay).

As I understand it, you shouldn't be able to fill fresh water tank from city inlet (unless you used a water saver in the shower and routed water IN from city up to shower, then down to freshwater tank through there). Seems strange to me that you can. Perhaps follow the city water line from inlet to hot water heater? I suppose a kink from the slide, but that seems less likely.

At this point, I'm just spitballing (and, admittedly, am out of my league with your floorplan - though the system design looks to be identical to my smaller 235S).
I'll check around the slideouts to see if something caught and kinked. I am switching the hose over to the holding tank fill port when filling the tank, but move it back over to the city water connection once the holding tank is full. I can't fill the holding tank from the city connection (at least not any way that I am aware of).

The undercarriage on my unit is not completely open, so it isn't easy to see the water lines without taking several plastic panels off. Thanks again for your insight on this. I have only been RV'ing for about a year now.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #9

I'd pull the check valve out and try again with it removed.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #10
Pickin', Campin', Mason

My Uncle had a motorhome with the city water supply line coming in the rear under the bed. They had some stuff in totes/boxes under the bed that slid while traveling and pushed against and kinked the fresh water supply line, right at the rear of the city water inlet. (inside)

You mentioned this happened after traveling, I'd be looking inside where the plumbing attaches to the inlet.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #11

Watching

Tags
pump, tank, water