Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #1

No Water Pressure from Kitchen Faucet

We have been traveling for about 13 weeks in our Coachman Freedom Express 192RBS and have been very happy with our camper. Today we arrived at our new location and connected the water and electric as usual. Everything worked find as I did some cleaning, but now we have no water pressure from the kitchen faucet. The pressure is still fine in the bathroom faucet, shower, and toilet, but the kitchen is down to a trickle. Any ideas?
KimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #2

Believe it or not, my problem was solved when I pulled off the faucet filter, flushed and replaced. It had little bits of white grit. Who would of thought?
Old 09-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #3

Awesome!

Who would have thought is right...that was exactly the problem. Thanks a bunch!
KimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #4

You may need to flush out your water heater and check your anode rod if you have one. That is where most of the white stuff comes from. I flush mine at least once a year.
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakejumper View Post
You may need to flush out your water heater and check your anode rod if you have one. That is where most of the white stuff comes from. I flush mine at least once a year.
Right, you should drain your water heater and check the anode rod. Very common for the residue from the rod to clog a faucet. I usually drain the WH after every trip and check the rod. Just be careful when you drain the WH that the water is not hot and be sure to bleed off the pressure in the system before you remove the anode rod or you will get an unexpected bath. After you drain the WH use a WH flush rinser/wand that attaches to your hose and do a through job of cleaning it out. When was the last time you did that, if ever? You can get new anode rods from Walmart.com or Amazon.com, you can get the Camco WH rinser/flush wand from just about any online seller like Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, etc. There are a number of YouTube videos on how clean a WH tank.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #6

Also make sure that you turn the 120 Volts AC off or the heating element will burn out within seconds. Unplug, turn off the generator and turn off the inverter.
fedatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #7

One other issue I found when I had low water pressure on my kitchen faucet was the pull out hose on the faucet was kinked because the weight on the hose was so low it kinked the hose, I had to move the weight up about 2 inches and problem solved.
Good lrecommendation on water heater anode rid also. Just got home after 101 days of camping all over NE USA & Canada. Pulled the anode and was amazed it was so wasted. New 2015 flagstaff I just bought in Feb. the various water quality sure will kill these ride.
Got to order some replacements. T
Thanks
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, pressure, water