Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #1

Not enough water pressure

New TT Flagstaff V-Lite Plenty of Street pressure lines clear and all water limiters removed. All faucets are acceptable, but low in my camping experience..okay to conserve but I need more pressure in the shower....Think the water filter container is the problem and I would like to bypass it but not delete it for possible future use.... asking for ideas on any other possible causes and best way to replace filter container without needing to cut flex connectors again when I need to add a filter
kzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:09 PM   #2

Why do you think the canister is causing a problem? I would check for air in the lines. Sometimes my pressure regulator seems to cause low pressure. When that happens, I disconnect and reconnect and things are generally better.

A new shower head can make a world of difference. Oxygenics 26481 Brushed Nickel Body Spa RV Shower Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZOWSJM..._zU4zCbZWS4T1S

Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzeke View Post
New TT Flagstaff V-Lite Plenty of Street pressure lines clear and all water limiters removed. All faucets are acceptable, but low in my camping experience..okay to conserve but I need more pressure in the shower....Think the water filter container is the problem and I would like to bypass it but not delete it for possible future use.... asking for ideas on any other possible causes and best way to replace filter container without needing to cut flex connectors again when I need to add a filter
Have you removed the filter element itself and just run water with the canister empty? If pressure returns you have a filter element that is plugged. A sign it's done it's job. Can happen at any time if water source has excessive sediment or if hose had dirt in it.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #4
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Have you removed the filter element itself and just run water with the canister empty? If pressure returns you have a filter element that is plugged. A sign it's done it's job. Can happen at any time if water source has excessive sediment or if hose had dirt in it.

Yes, first unscrew faucet tips to make sure sediment is clear from screens. This simply could be the cause.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #5

pressure regulator?

If you are using one of the cheap screw-on pressure reducer, get rid of it and get a good Watts adjustable regulator with pressure gauge. It will not reduce flow
Old 02-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #6

May sound funny but I’ve hooked up my regulator backwards before and that will definitely make water pressure low
SA3056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA3056 View Post
May sound funny but I’ve hooked up my regulator backwards before and that will definitely make water pressure low
I'd think you have a unique regulator if its connections allow it to be hooked up backwards. Most have male threads on one end and female on the other and can't be reversed. I learn something every day.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #8

Quote:
In my previous trailer I made a small connector with fittings that bypassed the filler assembly. I left the original assembly mounted so if the new owner wants to reactivate it the just need to remove and reattach to canister filter. Very simple.
I like using external filters no chance of leaking in the trailer basement.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #9

Thanks to all for the ideas...trailer is brand new and all lines clear all screens removed and all water limiters removed ..would rather have external filter because of the mess inside the linen closet to change the filter but i was sure that the 1/2 water line dumping into the empty filter container, I did not know was there when we left the dealer, would be the cause of the low pressure...but I finally put the parts together and I am at the winter stop now so next i will run a junction and try my idea...already have the $40 airated shower head from previous use and i know how much it helped before so thanks for that help too
Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Removed the inside empty filter rig and replaced the pex 90's (in and out of filter holder) with shark 90's and put a threaded nipple between them so I can put the filter holder back in, if I want a mess every time I change the filter, which I will never do....and my pressure is somewhat better...I still think there is a hidden water pin hole limiter somewhere in the line but I cannot find it
Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #11
usnrete8

As Skip12 said, get the Oxygenics 26481shower assembly. I thought their advertising was probably a bunch of hype but now I know better and enjoy showering & rinsing with plenty of pressure.

Tags
pressure, water