Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #21

Oh, I forgot to mention that you are not looking at an “object”. All that is is the yellow form of ABS glue and it won’t hurt a thing.

Bruce
Old 10-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #22

For those who say it is NOT a problem I respectfully disagree. Anything blocking into the downspout hole is actually asking for TP to get hung up on it creating the need for more and longer flushing
DASchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASchell View Post
For those who say it is NOT a problem I respectfully disagree. Anything blocking into the downspout hole is actually asking for TP to get hung up on it creating the need for more and longer flushing
The picture from the OP does not show an object or any type of obstruction. It may look like it if you are not familiar with what you are looking at, but all it is is where too much glue was used and it is now on the sides of the inside of the pipe and fitting. It won’t hurt a thing.

Bruce
Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #24

Thanks for all the replies. So, I'm at the camper today and will check again. I can tell you that the yellow thing is solid and flat, like a small frisbee. I tend to think its a cut out like mentioned in the relies, that is wedged. I'm going to get a strong rod and try and hook it. If that doesn't work, ill have to remove the toilet and try and reach with my hand. Its far down. I will let you know.
Ralphb1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphb1969 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. So, I'm at the camper today and will check again. I can tell you that the yellow thing is solid and flat, like a small frisbee. I tend to think its a cut out like mentioned in the relies, that is wedged. I'm going to get a strong rod and try and hook it. If that doesn't work, ill have to remove the toilet and try and reach with my hand. Its far down. I will let you know.
If it is, indeed, a disc, it would be the rough in knock-out cap from the closet flange. We use them in residential and commercial plumbing during rough in to keep stuff from getting into the pipe during construction, and to hold water when we are testing the system. Sometimes the flanges come with them already molded on, but if not, we use translucent caps that we glue on. Both are supposed to be knocked out using a screwdriver on the edge, and pried out, but careless plumbers will sometimes just bust it through with a hammer and down the pipe it goes.

Bruce
Old 10-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #26

Thanks for all the replies. So, I'm at the camper today and will check again. I can tell you that the yellow thing is solid and flat, like a small Frisbee. I tend to think its a cut out (like mentioned in the replies) that is wedged. I'm going to get a strong rod and try and hook it. If that doesn't work, ill have to remove the toilet and try and reach with my hand like suggested in the replies. Its far down. I will let you know.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #27

Ok, mystery solved. The yellow is actually just the bottom of the inside of the PVC pipe where it tuns from vertical to horizontal. I figured this out by probing with a thin rod that did not go through at all. The thin rid just bent horizontally, to the right, disappearing into the horizontal portion. Wherever I pokes, it followed the same path. So all good. Thanks all for feedback.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Good thing this could have ended up messy. Kind like the glued joint in the first place.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #29
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphb1969 View Post
Ok, mystery solved. The yellow is actually just the bottom of the inside of the PVC pipe where it tuns from vertical to horizontal. I figured this out by probing with a thin rod that did not go through at all. The thin rid just bent horizontally, to the right, disappearing into the horizontal portion. Wherever I pokes, it followed the same path. So all good. Thanks all for feedback.
Post 17 called it first and several others agreed in subsequent posts. Glue only... no blockage.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #30

Yeah, glad there is no issue.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #31

Could have been worse ....................

You are lucky. My situation was messy. The inner end of the flush peddle where it fastens to the ball valve (so called) in my 310 broke while 150 miles from nowhere. The foot peddle was lose but would still turn the water on. It would not move the ball valve. Since we had to live with the situation (boon docking in the wilds) we would open the valve with a somewhat tacky silicone spatula and close it by hooking a finger under it and moving it forward a bit so the spatula could be used to close it. Near the end of the first week of this in the dead of night I got the spatula past the valve opening and it hooked as I pulled it up and my hand went upward without it. Yup. It went down. First it hooked at a 45. I tried to get something on it but it fell the rest of the way down. Toilet kept backing up ... every other day. It took a couple gallons of water to clear it nearly filling the black water tank. Finally we got within 90 minutes of a town with a harbor freight. HF had a goose neck camera but were out of the grabber things. So I made a noose-like thing out of scrap copper wire and camping cord. Had to remove the toilet, of course, but it was still 3' down and past two 45's. Every time I moved the noose, the camera went off-target ... and vice versa. After one hour of fiddling, we got the noose on the spatula handle. Got it up to the top and both of us grabbed for it ... and down it went again. An hour later we got it up again and this time just one of us carefully reached for it.

Interestingly the black tank was giving off absolutely no odor during this several hour process in spite of having two weeks of waste in it. I have to give this stuff credit for that:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After the spatula dropped, we used a second one and DW put a string on it so I couldn't lose it down the hole too.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #32

Our Wildcat had the same thing, but it was blocking the drain, and it was the cut out for the tank when they drilled the holes in the tank at the manufacture. You would think they could get those out before they glue the fitting into the tank. It was a huge pain, that Wildcat never drained good but does great now that the plug is out
northshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:23 PM   #33

Had it happen to me as well. 2018 Coachmen Concord. However the cutout disk actually get stuck in the waste valve itself. Ended up having to remove the valve by cutting off the handle then drain the tank and replace the valve. Not fun when you can’t drain the black water first! Can’t believe the manufacturers just cut out the hole and let the disk just fall into the tank.
Mark0183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #34

I think I’d get it looke at before I started yanking and tugging. You really don’t want poo water leaking into your undercarriage
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #35

Same here but ok now

The only problem was when Ione if the pieces got into the shutter for the black tank dump Val e and it would not close. Did sort of reverse colostomy with flexible grippers to get the albino poop out. Just glue/foam excess .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8DAA5DB-E54E-4B6B-AF98-2B3DDE3FEA1E.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	927.9 KB
ID:	188726  
DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote