Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2021, 01:40 PM   #1

OEM water filter location?

After having our TT for 4 years I thought I ought to look at changing the water filter. I swore I saw one somewhere in the plumbing system when I was working on something (probably electrical) in the early days of ownership. However, I have looked under the kitchen sink (that's where the water pump is), under the bathroom sink and pretty much anywhere a water line runs except where it's hidden by corroplast. Maybe I was remembering something from a previous TT but I just thought I'd check here.

Anyone with a 2017 Cruise Lite 210RBXL have a water filter? If so, where is it?

Thanks!
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

no knowldge here, Larry2c (and sorry for spouting off when I don't know anything definite to help you), but I'd look either INSIDE by the intake on the driver's side, or - my guess - (2) under the lift floor in the rear compartment back by the water heater and outdoor shower on the passenger side.
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #3

Thanks Rhumblefish - unfortunately, I've checked all the input locations and in the area with the water heater. The only place I haven't looked is between the floor and the corroplast and it really shouldn't be there since you don't want to be taking the corroplast down for maintenance. I'm guessing we just don't have one!
Old 10-12-2021, 05:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
Thanks Rhumblefish - unfortunately, I've checked all the input locations and in the area with the water heater. The only place I haven't looked is between the floor and the corroplast and it really shouldn't be there since you don't want to be taking the corroplast down for maintenance. I'm guessing we just don't have one!
My 2 cents is...you probably don't have one. I never had one, but most of ones I've seen were really close to the water pump. NOT ALL of them, but the ones I've seen.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #5

My guess too is you do not have a water filter.

We have never owner a camper that had one.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #6

Thanks all - I was beginning to think the no filter way was the answer and your comments have pretty much confirmed it for me. OK, now on to the next project!
Old 10-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
Site Team

I've never heard of any Salem Cruise Lite that had a factory-installed water filter.
Have you searched for a 2017 Salem brochure? It would show standard and optional features.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I've never heard of any Salem Cruise Lite that had a factory-installed water filter.
Have you searched for a 2017 Salem brochure? It would show standard and optional features.
Yeah, I checked in there and the "owner's manual". Nothing other than a few "if installed" mentions...

I'm thinking I just confused a memory with our old Jayco. Works for me, one less thing to worry about.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
Yeah, I checked in there and the "owner's manual". Nothing other than a few "if installed" mentions...

I'm thinking I just confused a memory with our old Jayco. Works for me, one less thing to worry about.
Our previous Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL didn't have a water filter installed in it. Neither did our 171RBXL. So I'm assuming you probably dont either.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, water, water filter