Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 06:26 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Yup. It cost me US$15.96 to have them shipped to my USA pickup location at zipcode 13640. Considering my local RV dealer wants CAD$47.99 plus 13% HST for the OEM WaterPur filter, US$27.93 (delivered) is cheaper than the OEM and it's a higher quality filter. You get what you pay for.

I've worked in the municipal water supply infrastructure business for more than 25 years and I've seen what poor quality water can do. I want a high quality filter for campgrounds that supply well water. I have no idea how well that well head is protected. Even municipal systems can fail at times (Flint, MI and Walkerton, ON). I don't typically drink the water but I shower, wash my face and brush my teeth with it - all activities that could result in ingesting some of the water - so it needs to be good quality.

EDIT: If you want to go crazy you can add a reverse-osmosis system and an ultraviolet light system. I'm content with a high quality filter and I'm selective about where we camp.
$47.99 + 13%,,, WHAT A RIP OFF !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
$47.99 + 13%,,, WHAT A RIP OFF !!!

Welcome to Canada !
Everything here costs more...cars ,trucks, rv's & parts, gas, electronics....
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Welcome to Canada !
Everything here costs more...cars ,trucks, rv's & parts, gas, electronics....
Looks like shipping is also a little high !!!
Some awful nice looking country up there !!!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #44

I'm also am from Canada. A couple of years ago "W5" (Canada's equivalent of 60 Minutes) asked an Executive from one of the companies that imports into Canada why products in Canada were so much more expensive. He said if you don't like it do without. He just didn't care. I too have a pick up point in the US where I can get product shipped to. Usually for free.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Walker View Post
I'm also am from Canada. A couple of years ago "W5" (Canada's equivalent of 60 Minutes) asked an Executive from one of the companies that imports into Canada why products in Canada were so much more expensive. He said if you don't like it do without. He just didn't care. I too have a pick up point in the US where I can get product shipped to. Usually for free.
SAD,,, He sounds like another one of the great A holes we have in todays world !!!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #46

We use the coach water for all use and have not had any problems. Amazon has a 4 pack for about $22 and the micron rating is 5 which is pretty low. Yes it decreases water flow a little but not much and it is a spun filter over carbon and does a pretty good job. My filter housing is located in an underneath compartment so if it did have problems would not affect the coach. We have used this type for years and never had a problem. Just replace the filter once or twice a year,
kgpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgpick View Post
We use the coach water for all use and have not had any problems. Amazon has a 4 pack for about $22 and the micron rating is 5 which is pretty low. Yes it decreases water flow a little but not much and it is a spun filter over carbon and does a pretty good job. My filter housing is located in an underneath compartment so if it did have problems would not affect the coach. We have used this type for years and never had a problem. Just replace the filter once or twice a year,

Walmart sells 10" standard paper filter insert fits standard housings. Not 5 micron but then who needs 5 micron filtered? BTW they are 5 each available nation wide.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter