Old 12-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #1

Oh where oh where is the water pump?

Can someone please tell me where to find the fresh water pump in a 2014-2015 Flagstaff MicoLite 21FBRS? A dealer tech thought it was in the driver side front storage compartment. Wrong; the water heater is located there. A YouTube video suggested under the bed platform, so I removed the mattress. I don't see any sign of or access to the water pump without removing the carpeting. Houston, we have a problem! Help!

Hector517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #2

Don't know your RV, but look close to the sink/fresh water inlet. It is usually very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Looking at this video of a 2017 model of your RV at the 3:35 mark, I see him open up the front pass thru storage door. I can see what looks like the water filter behind a panel on the front left hand side of the storage area. I would bet your pump is near that if they haven't changed the design from a 2016 to 2017 model.

Of course that may be something electrical and not a filter too. It's kinda hard to make out on my monitor.

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21fbrsfilter.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	127257  

I've reported my DNA missing just in case it's found somewhere bad.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Looking at the screen shot wmtire posted, I would bet the water pump is behind the curved panel to the left of the access door. (looking in from this angle) Looks to me like all the plumbing lines (top of panel) go down into that area.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=83
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #5

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Shut off your city water supply,,,,turn the pump on and listen....you'll find it that way for sure.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #6

Grampa Jim, that's my problem. I flip the water pump switch and hear nothing, nada, zilcho. I am concerned that the online fuse is shot. Also, wmtire, the hot water heater is behind the panel in the storage area. But, I'll keep looking.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

A silly question, but did you open a water faucet? You DO know that the pump doesn't come on unless a faucet is open allowing the water pressure to drop, right??? Also,,,,,the fuse could be blown and it might be in the fuse panel.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #8

How bout under the lavatory in the bathroom?
Old 12-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
Grampa Jim, that's my problem. I flip the water pump switch and hear nothing, nada, zilcho. I am concerned that the online fuse is shot. Also, wmtire, the hot water heater is behind the panel in the storage area. But, I'll keep looking.
I thinking we are talking about two different things. I am talking about the flat panel on the right hand side of the pic....not the curved panel on the left hand side of the pic.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #10

RV-SGM

I have a MicroLite 21DS and I found the pump behind a cabinet door that was screwed shut. It has hinges but for some reason the fine folks at FR didn't think we would ever need to go in there. Mine is next to the fridge. Unscrew the non hinged side and I bet you find it. I put a latch on mine. (BTW - the water heater backside is also behind a door just like it.
rv-sgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #11

You guys are correct. I turned on a faucet before flipping the water pump switch. I followed a low hum to the driver side storage area behind the water heater. I had previously disconnected the city water. I then confirmed that the fresh water tank was full. I opened a faucet and flipped the switch; still no water. What next?
Old 12-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #12

When all else fails, read the manual. Little victories are wonderful! Thanks, gentlemen, for the help. I was simply impatient. I found an online Forest River Manual that described how to prime the fresh water pump system. It took five minutes for the water heater to first fill up. Then water began flowing from the kitchen and bathroom faucets. After allowing them to flow a few minutes to purge air in the water lines, I turned off the faucets a handle at a time, and the water pump turned off automatically. I waited a minute then opened a faucet: voila, cool, clear water. I had a full head of hair before tackling this problem a few months ago; I am bald now. Oh, well, I will take whatever I can get. Muchas gracias, amigos! Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #13
Site Team

For some reason, and it's not that you ever stated such, I was assuming you were trying to locate your water pump to pump antifreeze into your water lines. I guess it was just the timing of the year, that I assumed as much.

If I had realized you were just trying to get the water pump to push water thru the system, I might could have saved you some time. My bad.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #14

No problemo! Trial and error is a good way to learn. Now that I know how the fresh water tank / water pump system works, maybe I can pay it forward to someone else. You were helpful just telling me to open a faucet before switching on the water pump. It doesn't say anything about that in the manual. By the way, are the New Orleans Saints still in the hunt for the Lombardi Trophy?

Tags
pump, water, water pump