Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2022, 08:42 PM   #1

One very cold night -drain water tank and main line from tank to pump

I plan to camp this weekend Friday- Sunday. Looking like Late Saturday night it will be in the mid teens and windy. Iím going to keep the inside warm and anti-freeze in the grey and black tanks. I planned to have tank heaters but they are not coming in on time.

If I drain the fresh water tank how can I be sure to drain the line from the tank to the pump that goes outside under the trailer?

My thought was that we will just have some water in side and use the inside bucket of water for wash up and flush the toilet.
sdp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:59 PM   #2

You could blow out the lines quick or you would have to pump anti freeze through it. Open the low point drains and all the faucets so the water has some place to go.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:09 PM   #3

Thanks Kimber 45. The pipe between the fresh water tank and the pump is not filled with antifreeze when I winterize. The bypass for the antifreeze is after that main hose. Is it drained by opening the spigots and draining the fresh water?
sdp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:35 PM   #4

With the fresh tank empty, run the water pump for a few moments. It will suck the water out of the line. Then put the anti freeze through the pump as you normally would.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
With the fresh tank empty, run the water pump for a few moments. It will suck the water out of the line. Then put the anti freeze through the pump as you normally would.
RV water pumps (diaphragm) are not harmed by running dry. Run that sucker for 5 minutes to get all that water out.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:13 PM   #6
Dahagen

When I camp in freezing weather and have power, I put a shop light with an incandescent bulb (not LED) in the water compartment.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, pump, tank, water, water tank