Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #1

Location: North of I-10 & South of I-94, but East of I-5 & West of I-95
Original Kitchen Sink Faucet

Hello.
I'm having a hard time locating the original kitchen sink faucet for my camper.
It is of an odd design, because the valve is not part of the faucet.
Personally, I would like to replace with an actual home style fixture, but have not had success finding a detached valve.
Where do I find this type of valve/faucet?
Thanks for the help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-05 08.04.47.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	245503  
2nd House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #2

Could yo just use a regular kitchen faucet like this one? I'm guessing that the base cover of that faucet would cover up the 2nd hole in your counter top...
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd House View Post
Hello.
I would like to replace with an actual home style fixture, but have not had success finding a detached valve.
Where do I find this type of valve/faucet?
Thanks for the help
Even if you google "kitchen faucet with remote valve"?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:23 AM   #4

Here are some examples of some quality 2-hole pull-down kitchen faucets with separate controls in the stainless steel finish. If you go with chrome instead of a brushed finish, the prices are much lower. These are all pretty expensive, but the least expensive Kohler Simplice is the best of them all:

NOTE: If you are trying to match the same type of spout, you need to look for a “Pull-Down” type head — not a “Pull-Out”. There is a difference.

Delta: https://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/product/955-SS-DST

MOEN: https://www.moen.com/products/Aberde...faucet/7590CSL

Kohler: https://www.us.kohler.com/us/simplic...brandId=432469

There are others to choose from (I just threw some examples out there to show you they do exist and help to get you started looking) and if you would like me to help you find something, just let me know.

However, your least expensive option with more styles to choose from would be to just buy a single-hole pull-down faucet with a matching soap dispenser to fill the extra hole. The only problem I see that you might have going this route is the right-side hole where the soap dispenser would go is very close to the sink bowl and there may not be enough room for the soap bottle to fit there. All of the brands above have these combinations. Look around their sites and you will see them all.

www.moen.com

www.kohler.com

www.deltafaucet.com

Bruce
Old 01-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #5

Hate to cite Camping World but here is a link to one on their website. It is a Dura branded faucet.

https://www.campingworld.com/dw/imag...sh=1000&sm=fit
shadows4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

Try Ikea

I replaced the faucets in my old Winnebago View and the Dynamax REV with IKEA faucets.
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:35 PM   #7

Holy Moly!
Them Puppies are expensive...I wonder why fixture prices have gone thru the roof.
At any rate. thanks for the help. I didn't think to google two hole sink fixtures.
I may go with the Camping World from Shadows4. Probably not the quality of a Moen, or Kohler, but it fits.
thanks for the help
Old 01-07-2021, 05:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Here are some examples of some quality 2-hole pull-down kitchen faucets with separate controls in the stainless steel finish. If you go with chrome instead of a brushed finish, the prices are much lower. These are all pretty expensive, but the least expensive Kohler Simplice is the best of them all:

NOTE: If you are trying to match the same type of spout, you need to look for a “Pull-Down” type head — not a “Pull-Out”. There is a difference.

Delta: https://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/product/955-SS-DST

MOEN: https://www.moen.com/products/Aberde...faucet/7590CSL

Kohler: https://www.us.kohler.com/us/simplic...brandId=432469

There are others to choose from (I just threw some examples out there to show you they do exist and help to get you started looking) and if you would like me to help you find something, just let me know.

However, your least expensive option with more styles to choose from would be to just buy a single-hole pull-down faucet with a matching soap dispenser to fill the extra hole. The only problem I see that you might have going this route is the right-side hole where the soap dispenser would go is very close to the sink bowl and there may not be enough room for the soap bottle to fit there. All of the brands above have these combinations. Look around their sites and you will see them all.

www.moen.com

www.kohler.com

www.deltafaucet.com

Bruce
I thought about a single hole and using the extra hole for a filtered water dispenser.
Thanks for the help
Old 01-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
I thought about a single hole and using the extra hole for a filtered water dispenser.
Thanks for the help
That’s always a good option for that extra hole. I have had many customers do this, and the filter system I recommend and install the most is the Aqua-Pure AP-DWS1000 — I’ve installed hundreds of them. It is a very effective and sturdy dual-cartridge system that is extremely easy to install and produces a lot of filtered water before cartridge replacements are necessary.

I only sell products to my customers that I know they will be happy with and that I won’t have problems with while installing or with callbacks years later for any sort of problems — I have never had one that leaked or broke. This filter system has proven to be the ideal solution, and my customers are always very happy with it. Aqua-Pure has been around forever and their replacement cartridges are always easy to find, plus they are simple for all of my customers (even the little old ladies) to replace without my help. I think they are a great idea for any RV.

Here is a link to this system at 3M™Aqua-Pure’s website:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...3786499&rt=rud

Bruce
Old 01-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #10

Quote:
That’s always a good option for that extra hole. I have had many customers do this, and the filter system I recommend and install the most is the Aqua-Pure AP-DWS1000 — I’ve installed hundreds of them. It is a very effective and sturdy dual-cartridge system that is extremely easy to install and produces a lot of filtered water before cartridge replacements are necessary.

I only sell products to my customers that I know they will be happy with and that I won’t have problems with while installing or with callbacks years later for any sort of problems — I have never had one that leaked or broke. This filter system has proven to be the ideal solution, and my customers are always very happy with it. Aqua-Pure has been around forever and their replacement cartridges are always easy to find, plus they are simple for all of my customers (even the little old ladies) to replace without my help. I think they are a great idea for any RV.

Here is a link to this system at 3M™Aqua-Pure’s website:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...3786499&rt=rud

Bruce
any idea what the finial filter micron rating is?
Thanks
Old 01-10-2021, 05:10 AM   #11

AP-DW80/90

Quote:
any idea what the finial filter micron rating is?
Thanks
The replacement cartridge set part number for this filter system is AP-DW80/90. The degree of filtration for this pair of cartridges is 0.5 micron.

Bruce
Old 01-14-2021, 09:59 PM   #12

Quote:
The replacement cartridge set part number for this filter system is AP-DW80/90. The degree of filtration for this pair of cartridges is 0.5 micron.

Bruce
So this is good, i was looking for a filter below 1 micron, which is where bacteria begin to get caught. At a .5 miron, very little (if any) bacteria get through. Unfortunately, Virus', not all, can still make it thru.

Tags
faucet, sink