Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #1

Outdoor sprayer only a trickle

Greetings. I have a Sunseeker 2400R. It has an outdoor sprayer on a coiled hose with a quick disconnect. I tried to use it yesterday and it would build up some pressure (on city water) but when I opened the sprayer it would quickly drop down to just a trickle. I pulled the quick disconnect and it looked fine, I unscrewed the plastic pipe and noticed there was a brass fitting with an O ring at the connection to the motor home. I pushed on it with a screwdriver and it moved just a little, I noticed I could spin it around a little too. With the water pressure on, I could get a little bit of spray out of it when I pushed on it with a screwdriver. I'm not sure if it is some kind of a check valve or what. I have attached a picture. Anyone have a clue? Getting good water flow on everything else with both city water or pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sprayfitting.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	137958  
JoeSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
Site Team

It is a stop valve that gets pressed to open in when you screw the hose on it. If you only get a little flow out of it when you manually press it in, I'd bet there's a kink in the plumbing behind it.

Could you see the plumbing from there to where it tees off?
Old 05-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #3

Actually, a piece of rigid plastic pipe screws into that fitting, then the quick disconnect for the coiled hose screws into the other end of the pipe, then the hose quick connects to that fitting. I can easily open the quick disconnect stop valve with a screwdriver. The stop valve in the picture does not move easily at all. I bet I applied 50lbs of pressure to it and it did not budge. This plumbing is over the rear wheels and under the shower, can't see a thing. Most all plumbing is run in 1/2 pex tubing, seems it would be hard to kink. Don't see how screwing the pipe in would actuate the valve. Guess my next step is to back pressure with air. Any suggestions?
JoeSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing, but the quick connects I'm used to the stop valve would press in from the outside when the mating piece is connected to it.

You'd be surprised how many times pex tubing gets kinked and pinched off in RV plumbing.

Tags
door