Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #1

Outside kitchen sink backs up. Stinks

Galley water backing up into the outdoor kitchen sink. This has happened a couple of times before, but this is the worst - up over the sink and all around the counter top.

When the galley tank gate was pulled, the water went down the drain. What makes this happen? This is not correct.
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Does your outside kitchen not drain into the galley tank?

"sabre owners united!"

turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #3

It should if it has been plumbed correctly at the factory. It is apparently going to be another item to be addressed by the techs at the rally.

Dave
Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #4

Have you figured this out yet? Mine is only 1 month old this is second trip and it has done it twice. Any help I've got 3 days till I return it to camping for window replacement. And leaks on front slide and cap area.
Sydvero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #5

The techs at the rally in Goshen checked and the rig is plumbed correctly and what was happening was the tank sensors were not correct and that I should keep an eye on the level of the galley tank. They also suggested that when possible, if we are hooked to sewer, to keep the grey and galley gates open, which we have not been doing. But DO NOT keep the black gate open under any circumstance except when you are dumping the black tank.

This probably does not give you an answer that you can take to the dealer but have them check the tanks and plumbing. I have used Gel food coloring to check for proper drainage with other tanks so this could maybe help you and/or the dealer. We had other problems with the tanks and gates not properly closing so there was grey/galley slop in sewer outlet pipe when I would open cap to attach sewer hose.

Plant manager of the Sierra/Sandpiper factory himself, came and put a fix on that will take care of this until the rally next year when he said they will replace/repair all tanks and gates in our rig. Good luck and join the Forest River Owners Group (Free) and try to attend next years rally. PM me if you like and we can speak about the superior customer service they provide at the rally.

Dave
Old 08-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #6

Thanks for reply Dave. I do configure valves in the correct setting as you describe. I will pass on this info to camping world Friday when I leave lake Travis. I had a 2013 tt I traded in for this 5 ver with no problem in the outside sink. But I don't think it had this fancy waterless p trap. I disconnected fitting so it could drain and it want stop dripping. Guess this more than a simple fix maybe plumbing issue or tank.
Sydvero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor kitchen