Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

outside main water filter question

I've got a 2016 Cardinal 3850RL which is in storage at the moment. Trying to find out what brand(s) of replacement main water filter I need. Any non-OEM recommendations? Thanks.
TennesseeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

I have a 2015 cardinal and it came with the kw1 / fr1 canister and filter cartridge. i think yours probably has the same but go out and look at it to be sure. if you do a search on these keywords (fr1, kw1) you will find many post and discussions about them. these are apparently proprietary to forest river and the consensus is that they are expensive. some people like them, some don't. i know they are made by waterpure but are available via many web site suppliers. i found that ordering replacement cartridges on-line was far faster than ordering via a rv dealer. one thing that should be mentioned is that they also make a plastic wrench that aids in removing the canister. it is only a few dollars. there are many posts about the little tabs on the canister getting broken.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

I occur with CHICKDOE . I have 2015 Blueridge that came with kw1/fr1 and replaced it with something recommended by this forum. Something cheaper and can be order online. You need to search the forum for yourself using kw1/fr1. You will get into flow rates, size issues and taste for you and your 5er.

Robert Shorter
2015 Dodge 3500 DWD
Blue Ridge 3600RS
rmshorter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter