Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #1

Outside shower/hot water issues

My outside shower will not shut off. I have taken the taps off and everything looks fine. I currently have it turned off at the shower head but the water itself is constantly running. This is also causing my hot water issue. My by-pass valve is closed, my tank gets hot but when I turn on my hot water I get no hot water. From reading on this site I see that could be caused by the outside shower. Any idea what the issue with outside shower/ hot water is? Could this be a wiring issue? Trailer is Freedom express 208RLS. Any help appreciated.
sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Remember your outside shower "facet" is upside down everything is backwards.
Just like inside shower
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you can not turn off the outside shower, and only shutting off at the head, it is cross feeding the hot and the cold. Get the water pressure up, water heater full, and hot, and then go to the outside shower. Open it, and let water run, and after a minute, check the temp. If it is warm, turn the cold valve the other way, all the way. Then wait a minute and turn see if it gets warmer or colder. If warmer, turn the hot valve all the way, and see if it will stop flowing, if colder, turn the cold back all the way, and then turn thr hot all the way, and see if it will stop flowing. Both valves have an "off" position, you just have to find them. As long as you are shutting off at the shower head, water can "cross flow", and you will always have a problem.

Just move one valve, one way, and wait for temp change. Takes a little while on outside showers, depending on length of pipe used to get there.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote