Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #1

Outside shower pressure and flow question / problem

Rockwood 2306. We have never used our outside shower until we tried last week on a week long trip at the beach. In the past I have turned it on for a few seconds to run some water through it and keep it 'fresh' but no significant use. Also when winterizing using compressed air I have turned it on to bleed the water out of it. For the first time last week we were going to use it to rinse the sand off of us and the bicycles. It had very low pressure. As I turned on the valve, hot or cold, it would start to get a good stream but as I turned it up it would suddenly cut back flow and only trickle out. It appears there is some kind of regulator in this faucet system and cut back the flow. All other faucets and toilet work great. Any ideas? Possible freezing damage?
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #2

I just "fixed" ours. We had poor flow and the hose seemed short. We had not used it (first summer with camper-2015 Vibe). While installing a Shurflo accumulator in the cabinet where the outside shower is located I found the FR factory monkeys had routed the various water lines all willy-nilly and the shower hose was wrapped around other bundles of hose and kinked. Might be worth a look.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #3

All lines look good. As I said before, when I first start the water it looks like it is going to have plenty of pressure but as I slowly turn up the flow it reaches a point where I can physically feel it cut back. Just like some sort of regulator device is inside the knob unit and holds back the flow. I guess I'll take it apart and see what is up. Probably just have to rep[lace it.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #4

HOT and COLD? they both are plugged the same way? probably some debris in the line leading to the hose nozzle if BOTH H and C are effected ... after it feeds some water through the hose the crap gets kicked up and plugs the line... somewhere... WHERE? that will take some detective work... possibly a problem with the valve that mixes H and C

if only one or the other are effected, then trace that line back to the source and figure out where the material is

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #5

Ya, both hot and cold. I'll be taking apart soon. Thanx.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Old 08-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

Just today, I installed a new outside Phoenix aux. shower. Reason being the old one required wrapping hose up and stuffing it in the small compartment. New one lets you feed hose to the inside of the coach.
Anyway, when I pulled the old box out and took the hose off of the connector where it threads on, I found the outlet only had a small hole to let water thru into the hose. Looked like some type of saver or constrictor.
Try taking your hose off the connection inside the box and see if the outlet is completly open or only a partial opening. If partial maybe you could just drill it out a bit.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #7

Took pic's of old faucet, out of the box.
In second/third pic's you can see the small hole I'm refering too.
Grumpy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1655.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	85560   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1657.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	85561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1658.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	85562  
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #8

Thanks Grumpy. I had intended to look into this weeks ago but this thing called life and responsibilities got in the way. This weekend for sure I'm looking into it.

The thing is there was a time when we first tried out the outside shower it worked great. Had the kind of pressure I would have thought it should. If it's just a too small opening thing it would have showed up then. It's only when we tried it a month ago that it did the lower pressure thing. And like I said before, it starts out with what feels like pretty good pressure but as we turn up the faucet, hot or cold, it gets to a point that it suddenly cuts back. I agree with a previous poster in this thread that there is something in the line and it gets pushed to the point it blocks flow. I will see.

Tags
pressure, show, shower