Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #1

Overfull black tank

I have an odd (to me) situation. I have a 2013 36QBOK-7 with the 1/2 bath in the back bunkroom. There is a vent pipe for the grey and black tank that goes up in the wall behind the bathroom sink. We had water leak out from inside that wall last weekend. Yesterday, I found out the rear black tank was full to nearly overflowing. It was inside the toilet just below the flush valve. This toilet has been used a total of three days since it was last emptied. Is there any other water that would be draining in to this tank? If not, where did all this water come from? Why would I have water coming from the vent pipe? I checked the vent on the roof and it is covered with no blockages. TIA
Finewillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
Insert witty title here

Some sinks do.

My outdoor kitchen sink drains into the black tank. I discovered this one day when my black tank also filled up prematurely.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #3

Not sure on your unit, but I have heard that when the builders are busy cutting holes in stuff, some of this construction debris winds up in the tank. Think round pieces of plastic when holes are cut in the tanks. These round disks and other stuff find their way to the outlet and clog or substantially reduce the flow on that tank. Not sure this is your issued but keep it in mind.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
Always Learning

On the 2013 Sabre 36QBOK, the rear bathroom sink is plumbed to the black tank. The outdoor kitchen is plumbed to its own tank.

Could it be that someone perhaps accidentally left the sink on back there and didn't tell you?

Tags
black, black tank, tank