RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 181
We upgraded from the Oxygenics to the Fury and love it. But we went one step further and installed a separate cut off. Rather than put it on the shower head we installed it right above the faucets where the hose attaches. The other way, water would get cold and freeze the bather for a seond. Connected at the bottom, the water stays hot.
__________________
Lawrence, JD and Bear
2017 Champagne 38EL
Our Rolling Earthquake
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 19
Thay sounds good however; i am a country boy and like using the campsite showers, this way i can use all the hot water or coldwater i want. Seldom use camper shower unlest it is nescessary. If i do take a shower it is the navy--get wet-- soapup-wash off and you are throught. Everyone have a good clean good night sleep.
Grease monkey
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
primo20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
so i have the oxygenics body spa - but just ordered the fury! damn this forum!
__________________
2018 DURANGO 2500 343MBQ | 2019 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:05 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Fluffywhitedogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
so i have the oxygenics body spa - but just ordered the fury! damn this forum!

Yea, this place has cost me a few bucks but I figure itís saved me quite a bit, too!
__________________
Carmen and the pack
2015 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
primo20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
Yea, this place has cost me a few bucks but I figure itís saved me quite a bit, too!
__________________
2018 DURANGO 2500 343MBQ | 2019 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #26
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
so i have the oxygenics body spa - but just ordered the fury! damn this forum!
Please come back and tell us if you noticed a difference, so we can all learn from it.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:17 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
primo20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Will do! But not until Mother’s Day!
__________________
2018 DURANGO 2500 343MBQ | 2019 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 19
can not help you---I have just a regular shower head, works fine for me.
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #29
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by grease monkey View Post
can not help you---I have just a regular shower head, works fine for me.
And now we know who always answers questions from Amazon with cerebral replies like, "I don't know". Or, "maybe".
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:56 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 59
I purchased one because that was what we had in our Winnibago View Motorhome and got used to it. I will say it is not REVOLUTIONAL, but it is definitely better than the stock shower head in our micro lite.
__________________
Tom
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #31
Grammar Pedant
 
67L48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirds View Post
We upgraded from the Oxygenics to the Fury and love it. [...]
That makes no sense. The Fury is an Oxygenics shower head. Oxygenics is the brand and Fury is the model.

This has been one of the best threads I've read because people have bothered to note the actual model of the shower heads they've used. Thanks to all for this. It's been really helpful for people like me, who are on the fence about a shower head upgrade.

Oxygenics makes about a dozen different shower heads, but only 2 are specifically for RVs. My favorite thread was from a few years back that went back and forth about a few people talking about their "Oxygenics Shower Heads" and couldn't bridge the performance gaps. After about 2 pages, they finally realized that one person had an Oxygenics Fury (RV), one had an Oxygenics Body Spa (RV), and two others had an Oxygenics home product they bought at Home Depot. Suddenly it became much clearer why their "Oxygenics Shower Heads" were acting so differently from one another.
Being specific makes a huge difference!
__________________
Every time you use an apostrophe to make a word plural, a puppy dies.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 6,490
Well, I assumed he was talking about the original, RV specific, one spray pattern Oxygenics head as opposed to the Fury. Seemed obvious to me in the context of this thread.
We have weight police, grammar police, so why not specificity police
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
That makes no sense. The Fury is an Oxygenics shower head. Oxygenics is the brand and Fury is the model.

This has been one of the best threads I've read because people have bothered to note the actual model of the shower heads they've used. Thanks to all for this. It's been really helpful for people like me, who are on the fence about a shower head upgrade.

Oxygenics makes about a dozen different shower heads, but only 2 are specifically for RVs. My favorite thread was from a few years back that went back and forth about a few people talking about their "Oxygenics Shower Heads" and couldn't bridge the performance gaps. After about 2 pages, they finally realized that one person had an Oxygenics Fury (RV), one had an Oxygenics Body Spa (RV), and two others had an Oxygenics home product they bought at Home Depot. Suddenly it became much clearer why their "Oxygenics Shower Heads" were acting so differently from one another.
Being specific makes a huge difference!
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Ejs4029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Denver, NC
Posts: 1,505
I broke down and bought the Fury this weekend at Gander RV formerly Camping World in Statesville, NC it was on Sale for $41 plus I had a $25 voucher for re-newing my Good Sam's membership that I needed to use by Feb 20th.

I won't be installing until I de-winterize for an Easter trip to Mama Gertie's for Easter
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 CTD,CC,SB,4x4
2016 Rockwood 2703 Emerald Edition
Husky CenterLine TS Hitch
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pleasant Prairie WI
Posts: 681
Thats a pretty good price, good catch.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
I broke down and bought the Fury this weekend at Gander RV formerly Camping World in Statesville, NC it was on Sale for $41 plus I had a $25 voucher for re-newing my Good Sam's membership that I needed to use by Feb 20th.

I won't be installing until I de-winterize for an Easter trip to Mama Gertie's for Easter
__________________
2006 Sunseeker 2860DS Ford V10 5 sp. Torq-Flite w Tow/Haul
Winegard T4 In Motion Satellite Dish
Furion Rear Camera, RecPro 70" Recliners
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
The cutoff leaves a trickle. But it is on the back of shower head and flips up for water on and down for water off:

We bought this unit and depending the water presure it is close to a home shower head, you can remove the screen where the hose hooks up this removes the water saver part of the shower head and really increased the flow.
Kl859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:32 PM   #36
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,885
Those that have installed this shower head, does the tape they supply work to hold the mounting bracket to the shower wall? Or did you secure it with screws? Or were you able to use existing bracket?
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I would go with smaller unless you like cold showers! I have a 6g water heater. At 2 g.p.m., that heater would be empty in 3 minutes.
Doesnít that calculation presume that you are showering for 3 minutes with scalding hot water, with no mixing of cold?
Sarahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:58 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Those that have installed this shower head, does the tape they supply work to hold the mounting bracket to the shower wall? Or did you secure it with screws? Or were you able to use existing bracket?
The tape is not strong enough but the srcew holes match up with the previous mount locations. I used the tape and screws holds very well have had it installed about 3 months.
Kl859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #39
Tundra 2014
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 958
Shower head

I used one of the original holes, silicon caulked one and rotated new bracket up. I then drilled a hole and mounted w/ original screw. Bracket covers my caulked hole, easy peasey. Two years later, still standing.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:03 AM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 92
We have low water pressure and the Oxygentics Spay solved our problem. When I say low, The original shower head just trickled out(no spray). Oxy solved this problem and we will stick with the 1 spray pattern.
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
show, shower

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.